We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

Any reason I’ve never had the option in labs, but was on new nav until recently?

It was only added to labs recently and the older “new nav” was removed. The labs version supports joint accounts properly and a few extra tweaks.

Does this mean 2.56 is being skipped on iOS as well? So JA holders won’t get the new navigation until next week Monday at the earliest?

If so, is there anything to worry (re: bugs etc) that iOS users will be running 3 week old software by that time?

No, I’m fairly sure it just means that it’s a few days late. You’ll get it soon enough.

1 Like

That’s fair enough - only asked as that’s what we thought last week with 2.55!

So the reason we usually skip a version it if it’s delayed is because we cut the next release on Tuesday. So it becomes quite difficult to manage two app releases in parallel, which in practice are then delivered with only a few days apart to customers. That’s what happened last week, we were ready to start testing 2.56 so decided to skip 2.55.

We wouldn’t just skip versions indefinitely! Not that there are worrying bugs in 2.54 (last public release) but we have lots of changes that we want to give to customers - including in the new nav :wink:

5 Likes

raw

7 Likes

Cheers @bruno, appreciate the explanation.

Just to clarify - are we expecting .56 in the next day or so this time, or holding out until .57 next week? Just to manage expectations :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can someone tell me where I can find the option to download a statement? I can’t seem to find it anywhere now :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Im on android new new new nav (or whatever you call it :slight_smile: )

I have the option to export at the bottom of my summary screen - Android 2.56.0

1 Like

Yep found it thank you!!

I hope it comes out this week, but I’m not involved in this weeks’ release :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Do you know if the new nav will be available in labs for business account users as well as JA holders in the upcoming ios release?

Business account users won’t be able to get new nav for now, sorry.

1 Like

No problem. Thanks for clarifying and the quick reply.

If you’re looking at your card on the Home screen, tap your account number at the top. We will make this more discoverable :+1:

2 Likes

Remember all the feedback we’ve got from you around not being intuitive to go from your Accounts screen to your detailed screen where your feed is? Tomorrow we’re spending the day user testing a new concept that improves on this.

If it performs better than the version we user tested last week we’ll incorporate this into the apps.

It’s another example of how your feedback has been instrumental in the new navigation :bowing_man:

22 Likes

Even though iOS users feel they haven’t got much love recently because they’re still on v2.54, rest assured we are improving the apps internally! Right now we’re already getting ready for 2.57 release cut tomorrow, and the rest of the week we’ll be working on v2.58!

16 Likes

Also, related to the backend changes I talked about last week to bring left to spend. We can deploy the to production tomorrow too :+1:

11 Likes

Thanks for the updates Bruno, always good to hear!

1 Like