We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

I agree. But I’m just thankful it’s there :smiley:

The text could be a smaller size and maybe not SHOUTY CAPITALS!

1 Like

Am really liking the new interface; everything is very easy to find despite the interface being a completely different layout. :slight_smile:

So far so good!

2 Likes

Come on Google, find an update for me too!
https://community.monzo.com/t/were-working-on-a-new-look-for-the-monzo-app/65333/498?u=michaelmayes

Screenshot_2019-04-25-14-20-06 Screenshot_2019-04-25-13-51-03

Interestingly… If you remove your monthly budget altogether, you get “£xxx left to spend”. If you have a monthly budget set you get “xx% left of £xxx budget”.

5 Likes

I much prefer the left to spend. For the % left of budget Id rather see a figure there.

3 Likes

Android beta 2.45.0 - Display/refresh bug with multiple accounts?;

• Open app with Joint Account
  • Tap on ‘View All’, then ‘Switch Account’
  • Select your Personal Account
  • Then tap either the app ‘back’ arrow at the top-left or the android back button at the bottom left (to return to the Home feed)

What is initially displayed is still the Joint Account feed, even though the profile Icon at the top is correct!

You have to tap on Summary (then go back), tap on a feed item (then go back), scroll up a bit, then down a bit (weird one this!) or close & reopen the app for the correct feed to be displayed

The same happens the other way around, start on Personal account and switch to Joint Account - the feed initially is still the PA Home feed, not the JA Home feed

Edit: The Summary widget is also affected. It shows the wrong account until you tap on it (to go to Summary) - the correct Summary details are then shown and if you go back to the Home feed, the widget shows the correct data.

1 Like

How do you get the Beta version. I appear to have turned it on in the app store but not sure what to do next

Did you sign up using the link in the first post of this thread?

If not, you’ll have to; https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdEtjIvFPccGkkfC2viDu3_Csxh_0957qtLPxVlpFCj89Qzqg/viewform

1 Like

It can take a while to roll out as available to everyone, I think. I’ve been on the beta for years but 2.45.0 still isn’t showing in the Play store

1 Like

I cleared the Play Store app cache and forced the app to stop.

The update then appeared on Play Store when I reopened it.

I found it didn’t show until I went into the actual monzo app on the play store and then the button said update. But when I was refreshing it wasn’t saying an update was available on the updates part.

Android beta 2.45.0 (new Home layout);

I just withdrew an amount from a Pot (Joint Account)
The pot has reduced correctly
The total amount in the Joint Account (above the new card display) has also increased by the same amount - this correct so far

But…

There is no feed item in the transaction list to show it happened?
The pot history does not show the withdrawal?

1 Like

This should be temporary, just 'cos we didn’t want to remove search entirely. It’ll be nicer/waste less space in a future version.

8 Likes

We’re looking into some of the weirdness around switching between joint and personal accounts. Should be better for the next release.

Just wanna reiterate that there may be more things like this that are a little broken, but hopefully it should only be cosmetic, and everything should still be mostly functional. We’re trying not to break existing features – although we may remove/rework some things or move them around though.

This is a learning exercise as well so keep the (constructive) feedback coming!

13 Likes

Fairly sure I applied and am on iOS 2.44 but not seeing the new views. Is it possible I missed the boat? Is there another batch of enabling coming soon?

Thanks

I’ve noticed people mention that they are missing the spent today info. This is still visible on the IOS widget if that helps?

4 Likes

It looks great so far!

I noticed that on Android once you scroll down the feed you can’t see your total balance anymore (maybe it can fit up at the top) and I miss being able to see what the balance was in the past where it used to change to reflect the date you were looking at.

1 Like

Loving the new design!

Would like to have the summary tab back. Also useful to know how much of a set budget is left whilst in that tab like travel, etc…

Love the new design.

A question: Are there no budgets anymore then?!

Also, I really think it’d be a good idea if you could swipe left/right to see the pots page! The View All is in a really inconvenient place and it’s hard to reach for those of us with tiny hands.

I like the design elements but would echo that I can’t do without summary. Summary is pretty much everything I need to manage my money properly on a month to month basis.

I signed up without reading it properly and didn’t realise that summary was going :man_facepalming:

Which means I’ll probably to contact customer support straight away as I don’t want to lose summary. Sorry!

1 Like