We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

If the app is smart enough to display a different card I’m sure it could be smart enough to display light cards on a dark background and dark cards on a light background.

Or simply have a dark/light mode toggle in settings and that way you get to have continuity regardless of card colour, keep everyone happy.

3 Likes

Dark Mode please

11 Likes

@bruno is the incorrect pot totals issue something that will be looked at or easy fixed?

Going on holiday next tues and it would be a real inconvenience if this issue were to last that long :grimacing:

That looks great. It really shows off the benefits of the new design when monzo allows even more accounts to be visible (aggregation) within the app.

You can swipe between cards (or however) and it shows their transactions. The card peeking at the top reminds you what account you’re viewing.

The issues I have noticed are

1. the pots are not updating automatically as it should
  2. in the old app even though the main account shows £X amount available - you can still see overall available on the profile tab. At the moment that feature is no longer there. For example I have money in many small pots but I can only see £1k on main account. The remaining £2k that is on multiple pots are only visible if I go into pots. In the past on profile setting you can see the grand total you have in your entire account. I hope that feature can be brought back.
  3. when the app is not refreshing as it should , today is my payday and I didn’t get the notification saying its your payday. I have to uninstall and reinstall the app to refresh my payment.
1 Like

I hope that when summary comes back, it accounts for both scheduled outgoings and income

:pray:

Yesterday evening some updates happened:

• Investec info returned on interest bearing pots
  • Overdraft menu returned within View all
  • Pot balance was updated accurately
  • Edit: and open fixed savings pots had come back

Today all of those have disappeared. Killing the app doesn’t help

2 Likes

A hugely helpful thread for the developers, I’m sure.

For me, very pleased with the layout, but seeing the overall total in one place seems right.

Last night I had the ‘overdraft charges for April £0.00’ and then this morning when it should say it’s 50p I have a blank item

And I’ve got learn more about overdrafts in the view all menu instead of the amount, which was showing last night

Love the new design. It’s much more responsive than the old version.

+1 please bring back summary ASAP

4 Likes

I’m having the same experience with the comments above regarding the pots, it’s a fairly high priority issue as you can’t see any balances on them or transfer money. Obviously the Api is still fine and you can transfer money that way though.

Speaking of the pots, I do not like that they’re now only accessible via this new ‘View all’ button on the ‘Home’ tab. I use the pots view more than my transaction feed and I want to be able to access it directly and not via a small button at the top right corner of the screen. Otherwise, I am happy to be rid of the ‘Summary’ screen, it did not provide much benefit for me personally.

1 Like

The feed item and overdraft are now showing properly :+1:

Love the new design.

I’m seeing a bug with a ‘1’ notification on the Home button, but clicking it does nothing. I then clicked the ‘bell’ icon (although not sure why these two would be related (put the “1” on the bell surely?) but I have nothing in my ‘inbox’ either. Bug.

Also, the total at the very top of the screen doesn’t update until you drag the transactions list up and down (to display the card a bit, then back up).

1 Like

Loving the new layout! Much cleaner.

Only issue I’m having at the moment is that unless I’m missing something I can’t switch between my joint and personal account…which is somewhat frustrating!

1 Like

Just long press the menu bar at the bottom to change accounts

1 Like

Side thought: Is there a need for some documentation? One thing the shuffling around of the UI has brought to light seems to be that some elements of navigation aren’t obvious enough.

A la long press the bottom bar to switch accounts, or how to set up your monzo.me link?

I know we have a WIKI here on the forum but I also know there is an entire industry of professionals who write up this stuff for a living…

4 Likes

Thanks! Thought I’d tried that already tbh! I suppose this is what happens when you try things out for the first time at 6am!

1 Like

I mean, this was provided to people with the very stark warning that it’s not finished, is a work in progress and things might not work. So I don’t think a Wiki is needed, as that could be quickly out of date.

Which is the benefit of a WIKI it can be quickly updated.

But for the deeper parts of the UI that don’t change so much?

Just a thought. There is a newbies thread but even then it’s easy to miss simple things.

I filled out the form last week, but i’m still on the same old Monzo.

Are only the cool kids getting in for now?

1 Like