We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

I’ll need to remember this cheers! I’m getting really fed up with the UI issues and wrong numbers that appear when you switch between personal and joint

Yep you need to make sure you closed the app :wink:

I forgot to close the app earlier when I reset the session

I dont have issues with my personal account with pots or I dont think so as I do not use that as much as the joint account, don’t see any other ossues, but i always ask the wife to check pots then every couple of days I do the reset :wink:

It was fixed for me on the old layout (which I’m still on) a couple of weeks ago. I think most (or all?) of the people I’ve seen mention it recently have been on the new layout?

1 Like

I’m very late but I just wanted to give my feedback on the new look. It’s so much more intuitive and I can’t remember how it used to look like anymore! Previously you would have to click through several bits because you weren’t sure where settings for user/ app details were kept and this segregates things a lot more clearly.

Love that the card can be viewed quickly at a tap with a simplified bottom bar, I think there will be a bit of getting used to with the summary/ budget shifted to a bar at the top of my transactions list since I keep tapping the bottom bar instead :woman_facepalming: I like that this scrolls with you, along with the search bar.

It wasn’t immediately clear where Pots were but some exploring about the app sorted it out (I like that it can be easily accessed from the top bar). I think the new “inbox” feature is good, makes us aware of available offers for us while not being an intrusive feed message- which was a complaint that users had in the past.

The lack of the blue top bar now makes the app look a lot brighter and starker, which needs some getting used to. But for devices with small screens this change is defo welcome- I can see so much more transactions at a glance now! Just need a quick scrolling function that we had with Pulse- but overall, this is a very nice revamp. Thank you to the Monzo team!

8 Likes

Perhaps I ought to have used this thread, but I’ve had a think about some of the issues raised here. One of the reasons I really like the new design is that it provides the framework for dealing with thorny issues like this. Here’s one take on how it might work:

Has anyone found their pots are showing a zero balance? My round up pot shows Zero but I can see that money has been added to it for transactions

Yep. It’s a known bug. View All section is very very buggy.

4 Likes

My issue with summary is the set amount it is working off of. I would like to know after bills how much I have left and then budget off that. My bills and salary change on a monthly basis so having a fixed number as my budget doesn’t work.

Hi, I’ve signed up for this a few days ago, not heard anything yet. Is it still open to test?

Known problem, I have the same issue. To get an updated balance I edit the pot add the image again, save it. Upon the saving function it appears to refresh pots correctly displaying an updated balance. Hope this work around helps

Me too, signed up last Wednesday, not heard anything since. Most likely a delay because of the bank holiday, so I wouldn’t worry.

1 Like

Bug :ant:

If I open last month’s spending report, click SEE FULL SUMMARY, nothing happens.

iPhone 7
iOS 12.2
Monzo 2.46.0 #523

You need to give your OS and app version as a minimum.

What you’ve described is far to vague for them to be able to go away and replicate this with a view to fixing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still a bug in 2.46 on iOS, when you tap through to summary, and then try to scroll through, the app falls over and crashes out to the homescreen

The main issue I have at the moment is there is no refresh option. When I move money around accounts or pots the feed won’t update without an app restart.

4 Likes

Yes I hope a refresh is built into the new look as I keep changing between home and payments to get it to update the feed.

3 Likes

Is the waiting list quite long for this? I signed up last week but haven’t been able to get the new design yet.

I had a chat message notification, and opened the app through that. When I closed the chat, the app froze on a black screen.

iPhone X
iOS 12.2
2.46.0 (523)

Are people getting push notifications with the new UI. I’m not sure if it’s related to this change or something else deeper in the application.

I reinstalled the app due to a different bug, was never prompted to allow notifications (so obviously, never got them). Went to the settings page, toggled off/on the switch for transactional push notifications and it then prompted me to turn them on via the OS switch. I did, but even now I’m still not receiving them.

iPhone Xs
iOS 12.3
2.46.0 (523) - Though not been receiving them for a few versions