We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

I’m really liking the new look, a pots screen refresh would be nice too :blush:. But, I did have a strange issue earlier.

Issue:
My mum transferred me some money and instead of the usual sound, the sound that played was: “Hello, my name is Emma and I have a Monzo card”.
Details to reproduce:
Get someone to transfer money to your account
Android 9
Device:
OnePlus 5T
App Version:

Funilly enough my mum’s name is Emma.

2 Likes

Are you serious?!

4 Likes

Deadly, my mum transferred the money. We were watching something and heard it, so she transferred another £1 and it did it again. I’ve since force stopped the app.

1 Like

Was it her voice?

No, the lady sounded American.

This is an audio file embedded into the app and it’s played during sign up to give people an example of what to say during identity verification. The person in the example is called Emma.

Very weird - will raise with an Android engineer to investigate.

19 Likes

Thank you, Kieran :blush:.

I can’t seem to persuade my Mum to join Monzo unfortunately, but I did persuade my Auntie :grin:.

2 Likes

Just tried sending myself a £1 from another account and it’s done the same, so I think the Emma is a coincidence :smiley:

2 Likes

This is hilarious

3 Likes

Someone please screencast this so I can see/hear it :laughing:

3 Likes

I got money transferred into my account and normally it plays a Cha-Ching sound.

This time an audio clip saying “Hi, I’m Emma and I have a Monzo card” played.

Very bizarre. Anyone know what that’s about?

2 Likes

Hi :wave:

I’ve moved your post to a topic where it’s been discussed already. It’s just a sound file issue

I just got the normal noise :see_no_evil:

I have the new look and had access to my loan (as I actually have a loan) in the app when others didn’t see the offer. I decided to reinstall the app today to sort the pot issue displaying wrong and my loan has now disappeared like everyone else. I might need to remind Monzo I still owe them £600 and they may want to show it me :joy:.

1 Like

Again, not sure if this has already been mentioned but a pot I had which was designated as a savings pot (Investec) has now changed to a regular pot. I can’t view transactions on it and interest I earned which I’m pretty sure appeared in my feed is now missing. Hopefully this is just a cosmetic issue?

The new layout is very nice, one observation, the “leaf” overlay on the pot listing view is quite large. Would it be possible to make it slightly transparent/smaller or something?

Pots

3 Likes

Shhhh don’t tell them your name pike

1 Like

Any ideas for a dark mode in a new look app?

4 Likes

Convinced my partner to sign up to Monzo - she’s on the new layout so must be part of the 10%. Seems okay (though activating a card is a bit buggy) but slightly frustrating the app I was showing off to her (on my phone) looks completely different to her. I think it could harm referrals.

2 Likes

Wanted to use the new layout for a while before I gave my opinion.

I love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Easier to find things, I like where pots are now and the 3 tabs are more than enough. Having the left to spend bar on the feed is really handy.

Still think the home screen at the top needs something to brighten it up :grin: and I was holding off going full Monzo until I was sure the new layout would still work for me the way I needed it to but…

24 Likes