Weโ€™re improving international transfers, powered by Wise ๐ŸŒ

@jackcully how do I test this? Thank you. :+1:

Hi @Remi :wave: Just a reminder that we havenโ€™t actually released the new flow yet (hence why you had to enter payee details each time - a pain I know!).

If youโ€™d like to try out the new flow, DM me or @jackcully and we can sort it out for you.

4 Likes

Hey @lilica :wave:

Just drop me a DM and Iโ€™ll give you some instructions.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you. You will laugh at this but how do I send a DM? (sorry!)

No laughing here! Perfectly reasonable question. Just click my name, then you should see โ€œMessageโ€?

1 Like

SEPA payment must be fee free :thinking:

But yes, itโ€™s shocking that Spanish bank charges on top :flushed:

1 Like

Iโ€™ll make a test payment from my Starling โ‚ฌ account :nerd_face:

Will let you know, did they charge me on top or not :neutral_face:

1 Like

Indeed, and the U.K. is still a SEPA member even after Brexit so there shouldnโ€™t be charges to receive money from a GB IBAN.

It sounds like the Spanish bank may be breaking the rules.

Transferring via Wise would be a good way to get around it, though, as then the money would be technically โ€œcoming from Belgiumโ€, obviously inside the Eurozone (through the Wise BE IBAN).

3 Likes

Will this allow us to create a scheduled transfer for eg 50 EUR each month?

3 Likes

Thatโ€™s why I closed my starling account, it was very expensive. I donโ€™t know if every spanish bank charge for this but BBVA does.

2 Likes

Starling is not expensive for me at all :relaxed:

Itโ€™s making a few extra pennies when you do currency exchange, but I didnโ€™t notice it ripping me off :nerd_face:

1 Like

@jackcully thanks for the access to test it :relaxed:
All went very smoothly :nerd_face::+1:

Sent ยฃ20 to my Lithuanian bank account :pound: :bank: :euro:

My IBAN I used before was saved on my records, so it was handy :blush:

After I made a payment, โ‚ฌs arrived to my Lithuanian :lithuania: account within a few seconds again from same BE account :belgium:

20 min after the transaction :monzo: still shows status as โ€œwaitingโ€ :neutral_face:

4 Likes

I sent โ‚ฌ20 yesterday from my Starling Euro account :euro:

It arrived today and none nor Starling :uk: nor Swedbank :lithuania: bank charged me any extra :blush:

Extra charges must be related with :ceuta_and_melilla: bank(s) :thinking:

3 Likes

Thank you so so much for checking. How nice of you to test :pray::+1:

The Bank in Spain :es: that had these horrible charges was Sabadell :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Exactly. Sabadell did it as well. How annoying! :confounded: :confounded: :confounded:

2 Likes

Just to let you know, youโ€™ve redacted your full name on all the screenshots except for the last one.

4 Likes

This is good to know. Thank you :hugs:

1 Like

Starling is not expensive, the problem is my Spanish bank, they charge me because starling use a GB IBAN, so my only choice is wise now.

2 Likes

Thanks, I noticed it after uploading :sweat_smile:

Not a big deal tbh, as there are no sensitive information :smirk:

2 Likes

Iโ€™m also very happy to test if you are still looking for participants.

Iโ€™m writing this reply because it sounds like I need to make a post or two before I can DM.
(How to send a private message to someone on these Monzo forums?)

I make semi-regular remittance payments to New Zealand. I am one of the (probably numerous) people who requested saved-international-payee functionality.

2 Likes