Fintech friends: Monzo partners with TransferWise for international payments

Seems like this will roll out today

14 Likes

Now that IS great news. For me, anyway.

2 Likes

Remember when companies used to announce things themselves :grin:

11 Likes

Looking forward to this, hoping they support AUD at first!

2 Likes

Sometimes you announce stuff yourself, sometimes you let great journalists like Steve have the info because they would have found out anyway :wink:

10 Likes

Only 18 currencies. Thatā€™s very poor considering how many TransferWise have on their own app.

1 Like

Functionality is pouring out of :monzo: at the moment ā€¦

4 Likes

Impressive! I didnā€™t think this would be launching quite so soon :+1:t3:. For some reason I expected it to arrive towards the end of the big list.

Although itā€™s not a feature Iā€™d use Iā€™m pleased itā€™s here for those that will :clap:t3:

11 Likes

Great news for transfers out, but the article doesnā€™t mention receiving transfers from abroad. I wonder if this will be part of the integration? Hopefully Monzoā€™s announcement will give full details.

7 Likes

I canā€™t believe they didnā€™t share it with the community firstā€¦ outrageous.

1 Like

Great news but is this just for sending money out or will se be able to receive as well?

Lolzā€¦ Allow meā€¦

3 Likes

:joy: personally it doesnā€™t bother me as long as it gets announced

1 Like

Doesnā€™t bother me at all how any company does it, I just enjoyed the irony :slight_smile:

I love TransferWise tho! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

lol off you pop then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And hereā€™s our official announcement!

8 Likes

Look forward to testing it out - You say ā€œif you need access, let us knowā€ - Who do we ask?

1 Like

facepalm

1 Like

Weā€™ll be rolling the remaining currencies out very quickly - we just want to confirm there arenā€™t any problems, and weā€™ll flip them on. No app updates needed :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Just outgoing at the moment, but receiving payments abroad is on our roadmap over the next few months too :blush:

6 Likes