Waiting for Money Transfer

Hello, I have transferred money twice to my Monzo account from my main bank account, but nothing has appeared. It has been around 30 mins. Can you tell me where it is?

I have used the same details I use everyday to transfer so it should have worked immediately.

Regards
Petra

A quick Google search for the faster payments states the following

Provided the sending and receiving bank/building society are Direct Participants of Faster Payments, payments are usually available almost immediately, although they can sometimes take up to two hours.

These timescales can still apply if either the sending or receiving bank is not a Direct Participant of Faster Payments.

Some payments will take longer, especially outside normal working hours.

You should talk to your bank/building society if the speed of the payment is particularly important.

As a minimum, all financial institutions in the UK must abide by the Payment Services Directive (PSD) - this states that any payments made by mobile, internet or phone banking (including standing orders) must arrive by the end of the following business day at the latest.

You should contact your bank or building society directly for more information on the exact process they follow when you request a payment to be made from your account.

That seems overly complicated.

Who do you bank with? Sometimes banks slow the payments down so they can review the transaction to make sure it’s genuine. If transfers are generally instant normally, you can expect the payment to come through at some point within 2 hours.

Thanks for pitching in. Yes I am aware of the 2 hour rule. I have just never had that with a transfer with Monzo, so I started to worry. I can wait for a couple of hours and see what happens.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.