View CVC

Are you able to explain what questions you had and how you went about testing?

(This might also make an excellent subject for a blog!)

2 Likes

I’m seeing it now (:android:). Can see CVC overlayed onto card graphic with ‘Copy card CVC’ button at the bottom. Attempted screenshots return a blank screen though. Bravo :monzo: for security thinking :clap:

2 Likes

No way out of the CVC screen without actually copying it? What if I don’t want to copy it, but just see it?! :eyes:

2 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly what I thought when trying this out on iOS Testflight!

I expected that pressing anywhere other than the copy button on that screen would dismiss the screen, but the only way out of it was to press the copy button?

Not good design, in my opinion.

3 Likes

Agreed, don’t want the CVC on my clipboard if I’m just reading it to enter online! :frowning_with_open_mouth:

2 Likes

Yes, this feature seems to “assume” that you are copying and pasting as you are buying something online using your phone - but that’s not always the case if you are using a computer.

1 Like

Can press the back button on Android, and away it goes. Does iPhone not have similar?

1 Like

There is no back button on iPhone!

I assume you mean a system standard back button. iOS only has that when you click a link and it switches you to another app automatically (so only in very specific instances).

What it needs is a back-arrow (left-hand facing) to the left of the top ‘Card CVC’ title, which when tapped on, returns to the card-carousel view.

EDIT: Although I’m on :android: 12* and so can simply swipe from the left-to-right or right-to-left to go back to the card-carousel view

*Just about to update to Andoid 13 beta 1 :crossed_fingers: :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

I’m sure it’ll get corrected at some point, so people can just back out without needing to copy it. Slight oversight, these things happen.

1 Like

It’s the same with the “see my card number” option on iOS. The only way out of that screen it to copy the card number.

1 Like

Given the iOS human interface design guidelines since iOS 7, a blurred gradient background (as in this view) is supposed to interact as a “layer” above the previous content. I would therefore expect a tap to dismiss the extra layer and go back to where I was before.

A left-to-right swipe is generally more common on normal (non-overlay) screens which also have a back button in the top left corner. There is none of this currently on the screen.

I suspect this was designed for Android first, where standardised software back buttons are the usual thing, so it was always possible to get out of it that way. On iOS, it’s up to individual developers to implement back buttons or overlay dismiss options without there being a standard system option always there (although there are standardised expected formats that developers should adopt).

2 Likes

Hey :wave: just seen this, sorry for the delay.

We’re planning on doing a light touch announcement next Thursday :rocket:

We have a blog post ready to go but, for security reasons, it doesn’t cover our testing in any detail.

It’s no secret that with any feature rollout we need to run safety checks before launch, and that’s all that’s happened here :blush:

6 Likes

Oh! And we’re gonna fix the copy button thing soon :pray:

11 Likes

Today’s light touch announcement day :tada:

Publishing a blog post shortly but the content’s pretty much the same. I think Rich and his team are gonna shout about it on socials too.

3 Likes

Any ideas when the update that means I don’t have to copy it every time will be out? It’s a pretty big oversight imo.

2 Likes

It can be copied on iOS

Used this for the first time today.

Was really cool, the only irritant is that there’s no way to close the modal down if you have no need to “copy” it, but you have to press it anyway to get rid of the screen.

Other than that, nice Job Monzo :slight_smile:

1 Like

^^

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.