Vertical Card Discussion (All Banks) šŸ’³

Is that really any more than an expensive gimmick?

2 Likes

If Monzo did it Iā€™d snatch it right up and Iā€™m sure a few others would to.

Thanks Harry :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s a sneak peek at our thinking with a landscape pay variation:

3 Likes

Whatā€™s banking like in Australia? Is it the same punitive charges and user unfriendly apps that the U.K has suffered through?

haha weā€™re calling it salmon :sushi:

3 Likes

card-01
This is how a vertical card from new Slovak 365.bank looks like.

15 Likes

Now that I like.

2 Likes

Still a very minor gripe, but for anyone who has a vertical wallet, Iā€™d hazard a guess that they put the chip side in first.

That makes most of the vertical cards ā€œupside downā€ in the wallet - Not a biggie, just a little annoying.

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:
I like the green edge.

2 Likes

From my experience over the last few months, thereā€™s a few differences between the Australian and the UKā€¦ Iā€™ll try and sum up as best I can!

• There is a lot less competition in Aus, well it seems like there has been up until recently. Thereā€™s more and more upcoming ā€œchallengerā€ banks here, and even known names such as ING have a pretty good offering at the moment (offering 2.8% on savings, a round up feature, zero international fees and a decent app)

• Iā€™ve had experience with the CommBank, ANZ, ING and Westpac apps, they are all pretty good and give an overall better experience than some of the legacy tripe in the UK!

• Bank transfers are a lot more advanced in the UK, Australia has only just started offering a faster payment method, last year it took 1-2 days for your money to be transferred across!

• Contactless over here is rife, the limit is $100 and I have barely used my pin since I got here. The adoption of mobile payments is slow but is building, 3 out of the 4 big banks here donā€™t even offer Apple Pay due to a 3 year (!) dispute with Apple over fees but Iā€™ve heard we may be coming out of the other side due to more and more challenger banks offering all mobile payment options.

• People generally donā€™t switch bank accounts all that often in Aus from what Iā€™ve seen so far, there isnā€™t CASS and you never see a ā€œswitching incentiveā€.

• Last point on fees, most banks here charge you for having an account with them but it feels like that is slowly disappearing too. You also used to be charged to use another banks ATM but that ended earlier in the year. I canā€™t comment on any other fees, unfortunately!

Thatā€™s all I can think off of the top of my head right now, overall itā€™s pretty similar but there is a lot less noise around FinTech here.

4 Likes

Itā€™s arrived! Love the categories on the app, my card doesnā€™t look the same as that in Apple Pay though! image

3 Likes

Adult services? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Those categories are pretty comprehensive :+1:

6 Likes

I know, made me laugh :joy:

1 Like

Looking good @harryru, but whereā€™s that from?

(It looks like N26, with maybe a splash of Starling teal. Smart though).

Itā€™s from ā€œUpā€ an Australian neobank, if you look up the thread thereā€™s a few pics of their card etc :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Duh. Of course. Thanks! :smiley:

(Slow morning)

We update often, new apple artwork should be out in the next couple of weeks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Daniel! Looking forward to using it :slightly_smiling_face:

Soā€¦ Do we think this is a new Monzo card?

Could it be vertical??

https://twitter.com/trstnthms/status/1050358873952006144

1 Like

Virtual cards hopefully!

1 Like