Vertical Card Discussion (All Banks) šŸ’³

Hard to tell - The numbers are flat (it looks like anyway) - Canā€™t tell if itā€™s a 3D object or not!

1 Like

Might be a special cheque guarantee card for the surprise Monzo cheque books

3 Likes

Would be a pretty poor design to have the card number on the front :neutral_face:

If this was CSI we could just keep on hitting the ā€œEnhanceā€ button until we could see what it was.

3 Likes

How do you know thatā€™s the front? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think the blue background is a fabric chairā€¦

I disagree, I think thatā€™s Tristanā€™s blue skin. :rofl:

1 Like

The background is purple > Starling is purple > Starling got bought by RBS > Starling Bought Monzo > Cards now Starling Purple.

6 Likes

Where is MasterCard Logo? I am fairly sure itā€™s not going to be vertical cardā€¦ If I take try to take photo just as in @tristanā€™s tweet edge of MasterCard logo is there

Monzo have become their own card network?

5 Likes

I wouldnā€™t be shocked if it was just an improvement on the ink coming off.

6 Likes

I worry a bit about new cards for the sake of it. If theyā€™re super amazing everyone will want one (and at 1m customers at a fiver* a pop that isnā€™t cheap). And if theyā€™re not, whatā€™s the point?

Iā€™m hoping this might be more to do with something in app. Or maybe online only cards for the under 16s?

*I think I remember a new card costing Monzo around Ā£5ā€¦

2 Likes

If they somehow pulled this out of the bag, Iā€™d be over the moon.

I think youā€™re right with the digital side of things - Maybe ā€œone timeā€ use online cards?

3 Likes

Good thinking. But maybe also the full card number (and CVC) in the app? :hot_coral_heart: :credit_card:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always wondered why that wasnā€™t already there.

Butā€¦ Why is the sneak peek a real life card (from what I can tellā€¦ which isnā€™t a lot)?

Either way, consider me intrigued!

2 Likes

I am intrigued as to what this could be, wonder when we will find out.

1 Like

Looking at that picture again, those digits look raised - or at least have a raised effect on them.

:thinking: :male_detective: :eyes:

1 Like

I know itā€™s not the diagonal card :disappointed:

1 Like

If you zoom in the numbers are raised still.

Monzo is dropping the Mā€¦

ONZO relaunchā€¦ Less is more

7 Likes