Using the Monzo app on a tablet

There’s probably no technical reason why it wouldn’t work, provided the tablet has a camera and the app doesn’t have some kind of ‘no tablets allowed’ code.

Amazon are a bit of a law unto themselves when it comes to android (they don’t ship with any google services for example, which means lots of apps won’t work, and they’re mostly still on Lollipop). You can install the google bits though… just have to be prepared to do a bit of sideloading.

Crappy cameras are unfortunately the bane of cheaper devices… I’m not sure how you get around that when monzo use photos as proof of id.

The problem I found with some Android devices is they have a good camera when taking photos with their built in program, but using various fintech apps I experienced focussing issues. The device would try and focus and get to a perfect sharp setting but then go past it to end up blurry. It only seemed to do it with Monzo, Bunq, IDnow, etc apps yet did not do so outside those apps.

The starling app did that on the pixel 2… massively lower resolution than the camera is capable of. Took me several attempts to get a photo that was readable.

Not sure what they’re doing wrong though… I’ve never seen it anywhere else. Monzo app was fine. Maybe ir was trying to do something funky with autofocus and getting it wrong.

1 Like

Hi all again, got it sorted they changed the way I sent it so I could send off my camera on my tablet, all good ,card also now arrived. Thanks all for you help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.