Using Monzo abroad for the first time

Hey Guys,

I have just landed in Romania :romania: and this is the first time using Monzo abroad.

I am suing the Beta version of the app with the new layout and I was wondering if you still recieve a notification upon arrival or do you have to spend on the card to recieve this?

Not really important but would be interesting if this feature is being rolled back.

I’m not sure. I used to get them as soon as I landed and turned my phone on. But I haven’t had one for a year or so. Don’t know what happened.

Have a great trip :+1:

1 Like

We just came back from there . :blush: you need to use the card at least once to receive the notification :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ah interesting!

Thanks for letting me know! Romania is a beautiful country :romania::sunglasses:

It is :slight_smile: Make sure to visit “Cheile Bicazului” and “Transfagarasan”. :wink: Won’t regret it!
Enjoy :blush:

2 Likes

I got the notification when I’m Croatia a few weeks back and am using the new layout.

Have an awesome holiday!

1 Like

Did you get this notification when you used the car the first time there or when you landed? :grin:

When I used the card for the first time.

Monzo won’t know you’re abroad until you make a transaction :blush:

2 Likes

I’ve had notifications abroad before using my card. Monzo uses the GPS in app for security tracking, and presumably this can also trigger a notification.

Maybe only if your location based security is enabled for Monzo ?
I don’t think Monzo has access to your location, unless you have enabled it.

1 Like

Are you on iOS? I can’t find that setting (Android user here)

1 Like

Who wouldn’t enable it? I definitely have it enabled.

Yes, I am using the new layout and get notification every single time as soon as I land. As previously mentioned, you need to grant location sharing permissions to use this feature. I am using iOS device and it’s within Monzo app settings, not sure where to look in Android devices, I am pretty sure it’s possible?! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope, it’s one of the things not in the Android app but is in iOS.

2 Likes

I don’t always have my phone with me, so I didn’t enable it :scream:
I also don’t like apps tracking my location, because I’m weird :joy::rofl:

1 Like

I hope you remembered to pack your charger :smile:

3 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl: story of my life.

1 Like

buna ziua ma poate ajuta si pe mine cine va va rog

salut ma poti ajuta te rog