Upgrade (Migration) Updates

Turned out to be size of photo because my ID was sitting on a ‘busy’ background - was advised to put it on a white sheet of paper and that did the trick - tip for anyone still waiting for invite…

6 Likes

I can confirm that after a quick chat with support, they ‘unlocked’ my upgrade. Took about 2 seconds, and everything migrated.

Just a heads up for people who were already on the CA preview, the banner and subsequent screens are written in a way that suggests you’re creating a new account, but don’t worry, it will just migrate your CA into the blue app along with all past transactions, and even notes on your transactions. It was so seamless!

Thanks to Alex and June in support :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nice, got my ‘upgrade’ banner. It’s just confirming my details at the moment. If it’s still confirming in a few hours I’ll give the in-app chat a wee poke.

1 Like

Mine is still stuck on confirming since Saturday… :frowning:

They answered my query at 10pm on a Sunday, excellent support.

1 Like

Does anyone have any updates on the Current Account Switch service? I heard it would follow soon after the upgrades?

Yeah, I’m having the same problem. Sounds like they don’t know what the issue is but it’s affecting a bunch of us.

Annoyingly, despite the fact that I went through the process Saturday morning and am still waiting; I did it for my girlfriend on her account and she already has a card on the way!!

1 Like

If it’s still confirming your ID in a few hours, I’m afraid you’ll probably be in the broken bucket like myself… Hopefully you’re not as it sucks!

Check the road map it’s near term 3-6 months;

1 Like

I did see it there but I heard it would be close to after the migration, I’ll sit and wait :slight_smile:

I believe you can still open the account and apply the CASS at a later date? Probably need someone at Monzo to confirm, but I’m sure that was raised on here in the past.

2 Likes

Great that you got a work around but you really shouldn’t have to do that really. Hopefully this gets sorted soon

Similar experience here. If you need to get a Gen 2 card then simply request in the app. I used the prepaid in app chat fwiw.

What’s the benefit of a gen 2 card?

Been migrated, have to say I was expecting a bit more progress with the app, such as showing Direct Debit Reference numbers by now.

1 Like

Migrated successfully as well :tada: though the app was showing zero balance and the account details were missing.

IMG_0112

Had to log out and log back in (I uninstalled/reinstalled the app just for good measure) to get it fixed and it’s now all fine. :+1:

However I am extremely disappointed by how they butchered the card screen - it used to look great and work fine (I don’t remember seeing a single complaint about it here), now it’s just an eyesore. :sob:

2 Likes

My ID has finally been verified! Now just awaiting my card.

I wonder if my choice to use a driver’s licence was what slowed it down. My girlfriend used a passport and was verified in just a few hours whereas it took three days for me… CS agent said that some people’s IDs took longer for some reason but didn’t elaborate.

1 Like

I think if everything matches up and the credit bureaus already have a record for that name/address it’s all automated, otherwise if something doesn’t match (like me where my legal name used to be incorrect on the account) it falls back to manual verification and that took some time.

It’s being internally tested. I think Tom used it to switch from Natwest.

2 Likes

Yeahhhh ! I just migrated from the Current Account Preview and it all works fine. I just had to log out and log in again to see all my previous transactions.