Unpopular Opinions

I respect (but disagree with) your opinion. But it’s a no politics thread

4 Likes

Quentin Tarantino movies - meh

1 Like

Before I had kids I’d never been on a purely beach holiday.

Now I have three of the buggers I’d trade a kidney for two weeks alone on a beach (maybe with the Mrs too if I’m being generous).

3 Likes

The point of this thread was no political talk.

1 Like

Han shot second

2 Likes

You’re right I’ve deleted my post.

I never said that it was my opinion and looking back it was far too vague for such a controversial subject :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll delete mine too then.

1 Like

Eggs are terrible and they smell bad. Mayo is equally terrible. Beans are worse than both of them combined.

3 Likes

Devils food :point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:

2 Likes

Brussel Sprouts are delicious

11 Likes

Sometimes I hear about something bad someone went through and think ‘you brought that upon yourself’ but everyone is too busy sympathising, so I keep quiet.

11 Likes

Can’t understand people liking Yorkshire pudding

Yes, absolutely, but you can imagine the shift will be drastic when it comes. Witness the sudden surge in diesel for example

Key for me is to recognise that and focus on “good” ideas also being cheaper ones, like with wind power now

The hire car companies and big businesses are so ridiculously cost sensitive that I reckon they will start to move en masse when it is even a penny cheaper

2 Likes

I have noticed on many occasions, contrary to popular opinion, that my toast actually lands butter side up.

1 Like
  1. Watching “Game of Thrones” and “The Walking Dead”, I lost the will to live.

2. Sprouts are indeed, awesome.

3. GIFs… alright?

4. And GIFs

2 Likes

Hope you’re right. Would help if governments saw the issue, but sadly they’re as blind as the public, which leads to further blindness among the public!

1 Like

It’s all about the height you drop it from.

1 Like

This is a segment on radio 1. Always enjoy listening!

My university actually proved that the chances of butter side down are directly proportional to the cost of the floor covering.

3 Likes

I’ve just realised what a tight bar steward I am after writing these, but hey ho…

• There should be no whip round for people resigning from your workplace to pursue another job. When your husband/wife leaves you for a better (wo)man you don’t congratulate them and lavish them with gifts, so why do we need to contribute towards a gold watch for Nigel when he is ditching us and I’m gonna have to do half his work now? :hot_face:

• We should spend no more than a fiver on little kids that we didn’t create, whatever the occasion. They’re too young to appreciate the value of money anyway so why waste it on them (Note: this opinion is overruled by my significant other every time it has been voiced).

• I’d rather have the TV off than have drivel no one’s watching on in the background.

• No service deserves a tip. If I am buying something for an agreed price then I don’t think bringing out some plates without dropping them and asking if the meal was ok (with a maniacal grin on your face) makes an uplift in the price justified, or if I’m paying for a hotel and someone takes my bags up. That’s what I’m paying the hotel for… If staff get arsey with my opinion then here’s a tip: get a job that pays a decent wage. (This is not condescending. I worked in awful minimum wage jobs most of my life, just a dig at peoples’ feeling of entitlement to a cash bonus from me just for doing their job).

• Sci fi is crap. I just can’t watch any of it for 5 seconds without thinking “can we turn this off please”.

• Lawned or paved gardens are disgusting. A garden needs trees and wild things going on.

• I wouldn’t buy a house that was overlooked by anyone from the back. If you can’t feel comfortable somehow naked in your garden then why would you pay hundreds of thousands of pounds to live there.

• I don’t want to sit in the same row as anyone in the cinema. I don’t know why everyone gravitates towards the centre and the middle/back. It’s a gigantic screen and you can see it fine wherever you are in the room. I’ll be that one person sitting in a weird place to the right, left or front just to get away from the eternal chomping and slurping of the herd. This opinion also gets overruled a lot and we end up locked into a middle row because why the f would we want to sit all the way over there where I suggested?

Just a few of my many, many unpopular opinions :flushed:

8 Likes