Union flag on profile icon

Why has a mini Union Flag icon appeared over my profile picture when I’m looking at my pots list? Presumably it’s to signify I have a UK account rather than a US one? But I’m not clear why the app needs to explain that to me every time I look at it, because I know.

Probably because you’ve turned on the new nav for business accounts in labs and it’s an existing bug with that.

1 Like

I hadn’t turned that on myself, but it was set to ‘on’. Switched it off and it’s gone. Cheers :+1:

Strange one! Glad it’s sorted :+1:

Ugh! That flag had better be configurable… :pirate_flag:

2 Likes

Whats wrong with the Union Jack?

Well that’s a rather involved question. What if you want a flag that represents the country you are proud of and live in? :wink:

2 Likes

For some people… quite alot :eyes:

2 Likes

Indeed, I’d rather have Y Ddraig Goch, if I had to have a flag on my profile picture.

1 Like

I’ll ignore the loaded nature of that question and say: nothing much I just didn’t see the need to have it attached to my face on my banking app. It’s irrelevant to the job my banking app does for me.

2 Likes

It really is the best flag. And I’m not even slightly Welsh.

2 Likes

Flags unite some people. Others find them divisive, or provocative, or offensive. Personally, seeing that flag every time I switch accounts is seriously irritating me.

I’d prefer a “GB” / “GBR” icon (if it’s meant to identify the geographical location of the account; or “GBP” if its meant to signify the currency.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.