UBS Bank

I wish that UBS Allowed UK Residents to get Cards and have accounts.

Some of their designs of their cards are amazing!

But with UBS being the big rich people bank I don’t think I would eligible for a account anyway :frowning_face:

Do not like. They do have a huge building near Liverpool Street though – do they not allow UK clients?

1 Like

I think they do Wealth Management for UK Clients

But it’s probably like 500K or 1 Million to join them

Doesn’t UBS have some sort of retail banking in the UK?

In Switzerland they are yet another normal bank. A personal or current account with them cost 5 CHF a month. You can even open an account on the app, but you have to live in Switzerland.

The current designs are at best meh imho. But they will be changing them (in CH at least): Our Switzerland on your cards | UBS Switzerland

How did you get that account?

Also that card is lovely!

Let me just check the sofa … :eyes:

1 Like

I meet everything except “Resident in Switzerland”

4 Likes

The app also works for prospective WM clients residing outside of Switzerland (and for updating expiring passports). The RM will send an invite link/code via email.

500k-1mm is the lowest they will go, but it will most likely be a lot higher unless the source of wealth is extremely straightforward.

CSX’s design is still superior – too bad they placed the Swiss WM booking centre outside the ringfence, so international WM clients needed another account with CS’s ringfenced bank to access it.

I do wonder what would happen to Swisscard post UBS acquisition though - UBS and Amex are both very quiet on this.

Excellence card and the new VIP services membership are both jokes. Annual fee for Excellence is USD 1600 and the benefits is bog standard world elite benefits.

Good question. I don’t see them exiting the market. They are not fee capped in CH, and they’ve just started issuing the rose gold card.

Agreed the CSX designs are superior.

Maybe Amex will buy them outright. Just imagine American Express issuing Visa and Master cards.

UBS probably won’t be happy about half of their Swiss clients using a third party for credit cards.

Swisscard AECS → Swisscard AEBS?? Just doesn’t sound great

There was talk of Amex thinking about issuing Visa cards a number of years back (more than ten years ago, maybe even more).