Twitter Communities... and some personal news! šŸ’œ

No worries. Iā€™ll get that deleted for you on Monday if thatā€™s OK. Trying hard to not get drawn into work stuff over the weekend!

We are working on ā€œpauseā€ and ā€œsuspendā€ type options, but for now all I can do is permanent deletion. But, you should still be on the creation allowlist after that so you should still have the option to create something new if you wanted to.

Defo some great Retro Gaming stuff happening! Iā€™ve been sharing a few finds in this one, since I picked up a PSP, PS Vita and modded Game Boy Advance recently (finally getting to play Oracle of Seasons!)

https://twitter.com/i/communities/1496739152938684416

1 Like

Thanks, that would be MOST appreciated. :heart:

Indeed, I only want it removed as itā€™s not needed and many other more lived in and active retro gaming groups are around already. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

All sorted @thom_horne - let me know if you still see the ā€œ+ā€ button when you go to twitter.com/i/communities? I just want to double check that deletion resets the creation limit (from 0 back to 1)

1 Like

I hope the seemingly imminent hostile takeover by He Who Does Not Understand Anything does bode badly for Communities, given HWDNUA seems to want to throw out all the babies and start from scratch again with content moderation :grimacing:

1 Like

I worry that if he gets his way it will just become Parlor or Truth Social or whatever itā€™s called. His own special view of free speech.

1 Like

I donā€™t see it, Iā€™ll check when I get home on a desktopā€¦

1 Like

I saw him called ā€œthe Walmart Lex Luthorā€ this morning. Itā€™s accurate

1 Like

After a short while I can now create a new Community if I desire and join them too! Many thanks for the help @simonb itā€™s GREATLY appreciated. <3

2 Likes

:speak_no_evil:

ā€œI also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase trust, defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all humans,ā€

I donā€™t think he understands what heā€™s saying. He wants to defeat spam bots, but also make the algorithms open source? Which means, you know, people who make the spam bots will be able to see how to get around the algorithms :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Good luck with authenticating all humans too.

1 Like

Tonight Iā€™m mostly thinking of @simonb

5 Likes

And how rich he is now if he got stock options when he joined?

1 Like

Iā€™ll be authenticating myself off the platform if he tries a Facebook where you have to scan ID, and I suspect many others will too

2 Likes

Rumour has it heā€™s now employed @cookywook to tweet on his behalf.

1 Like

Iā€™ve not kept up. Is that a Musk policy, authenticated humans only?

Seems to be

i dont use tw*ter but i can confirm im an authentic human

3 Likes

Strange times. But yes I got stock grants. They were only slightly lower than Elonā€™s offer, and theyā€™ll be granted on the same vest schedule. Which is good because the number stays the same. But itā€™s also bad becauseā€¦the number stays the same. In the short term, when my next grant comes out, itā€™s good, because the price had been lower before all of this happened. But obviously, when you get stock you hope that your hard work makes them go up over time.

I and many other employees have concerns, because we love our culture and hope that it wonā€™t change. But realistically, these deals take a long time to close and then even longer before meaningful change (for better or worse) gets enacted.

So, in the meantime, Iā€™m just gonna keep showing up every day and doing my job to the best of my ability!

ā€¦being acquired twice within six months must be some kind of record lol

8 Likes

Not sure this time around: as far as I understand it this is a private sale. Deals that take a long time are public sales/mergers, as regulatory stuff often takes a long time. But with Musk buying Twitter privately I do think regulators will be quite hands off. Wouldnā€™t surprise me if this was finished up rather quickly (not next week, obviously, but probably quicker than other sales/mergers of similar size).

Obviously how long it takes for ā€˜meaningful changeā€™ to get enacted - well, thatā€™s anyoneā€™s guess, but given Muskā€™s personality I also feel that might be quite fast.

In summary I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Twitter went downhill quite quickly ā€¦

1 Like