Trustpilot Reviews

Regardless of what we think about some of the reviews - how can TrustPilot allow users to post reviews about a company repeatedly within just a few days of each other? It just doesn’t make sense, there should be at least be a mandated gap of a few weeks (or any new reviews from the same user on the same company override all previous ones).

6 Likes

He may never get his money back. He says frozen, Monzo says closed. The goverment could be saying “Proceeds of crime, we’ll have that thank you very much.”

Posting multiple reviews like that does make him look a bit unhinged, and should discredit him in the eyes of some readers, I would hope.

3 Likes

And therein lies the problem

5 Likes

Agreed. Does anyone know for certain whether multiple reviews from the same customer actually impact the overall rating of the business? If so, I don’t think any of us have time to compete with that… :sweat:

1 Like

Good spot! That’s somewhat reassuring news.

3 Likes

Probably a case of “the pot calling the kettle black”…

Edit: perhaps not the best analogy as it would imply Monzo really are scamming people :joy:

2 Likes

Who on earth is funding these!

Trust pilot reminds me of mafia style protection racketeering.

They don’t have any protections in place by default. People can signup multiple times and flood a company with negative reviews.

But, if you pay a few £100 or £1000 per month, we’ll give you tools to help mitigate these potential problems (that our terrible platform has created).

Garbage company & platform.

12 Likes

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/monzo.co.uk

This one is just as bad

Yelp is the same.

1 Like

This crossed my mind too. I wouldn’t even be surprised if some of the negative reviews are deployed by the review sites themselves. That way more businesses feel the pressure to sign up and start paying for extra features to protect their reputation.

2 Likes

Meh. Are people really using that as a basis for their banking choice?

I note that a lot of the negative reviews are the same “They froze my many thousands that I had only put in innocently when a random guy… sorry friend… bought my pet llama and now I’m in Pyongyang airport totally stuck because I closed all my other bank accounts down and Monzo won’t help”.

Oh and terrible spelling. Always pretty bad spelling. Why is that?

9 Likes

Don’t forget they can’t eat and their children are cold coz they have no heat at home

4 Likes

I is homeless cos of Monzo :rage::rage::rage:

2 Likes

tado° handle trustpilot really well, I know Monzo can’t talk about much but they could add a bit more substance to their responses.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/users/5c0794dae18352074c47f342

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.tado.com

2 Likes

Check out one of the recent reviews by Corr Blimey. It’s hilarious.

Dude is complaining about not getting a pin with his card so he couldn’t use it.

Let that sink in.

5 Likes

Are there any updates about how Monzo might invite people to leave reviews? I think it will be hard to achieve the reach required to have a noticeable impact on the Trustpilot score, without people also complaining about spam (based on the £10 referral thread).

I also think that the results of the referral campaign might be skewed by the negative Trustpilot score, if people are hearing about Monzo for the first time and want to research it for themselves before signing up. For some people it would definitely be a red flag that would make them stop and think twice.

2 Likes

It would have put me off for sure.

I guess Monzos best option is that it’s almost a try before you buy. In that you can open your account try it and if you don’t like it sail away. That’s the reason why the offer is only a tenner.

Eventually I see this offer becoming a £10 when you join (try it on us almost kind of offer) with a further £90 when you full CASS to us. Obviously that’s in the distance though.

When is someone from Monzo going to go through these reviews and inform Trust Pilot of the reasons? I know they have to be vague with the FCA reasons but surely they could just say “this persons account was frozen for breach of terms and conditions”???

1 Like

I may be being naive here but why are people seemingly getting frustrated that Monzo are not removing/responding to bad reviews?

We all use Monzo and know they’re largely untrue. It has zero impact on us and Monzos growth is unaffected too.

If it isn’t a quick fix Monzo should continue to ignore them and focus on more important issues as they have been doing so far. It’s a few people on one website - not a big deal in my opinion.

3 Likes