Trustpilot Reviews

I was obviously bored, and thought I’d have a mooch at Monzo’s position on Trustpilot. Couldn’t find them in the Banking category (although Starling are there), but a direct search found it.

First off, I should think Monzo would like to respond to any less-than-glowing reviews. I know they have plenty to get on with as it is, but it would certainly be wise to respond to comments like the following:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/reviews/5ab7e0b96d33bc09f82d7d9e

I wouldn’t trust this company!!!
One of there staff was leaking details of certain high profile clients they got on there books!!!

I mean, that seems libellous at the very least?

Do people have any faith in the reviews on Trustpilot anyway? It seems many companies have “5 star review on Trustpilot” placed prominently on the front page, but tbh I’ve rarely looked (I don’t even have an account, perhaps I should).

9 Likes

I for one wouldn’t trust that review as it was done 20 hours ago and it is their first ever review.

clearly a fake

8 Likes

I quite agree, but if I hadn’t noticed, how long would it sit there polluting the place? I think Monzo need to be a little proactive about this kind of thing.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t trust any “perfect” rating (as those are most likely doctored) however I definitely trust bad reviews; from my experience they’ve always been accurate.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say I have any faith in them at all. I sometimes have a peek to see what users are saying, but usually find that most “reviews” are as rubbish as the one you quote.

Even this one? :joy_cat:

8 Likes

You can see how reliable Trustpilot is by looking at the Revolut reviews. If they were all raving about the rates and speed of development then maybe I’d believe it - but no they are all about the great customer service - especially from the same COps.

In fact almost all of them are submitted by new accounts with no other reviews and they specify a staff member which implies a systematic appproach to fake reviews.

How can a company like this be in the process of acquiring a EUROPEAN BANKING LICENSE? I will be shocked if they get it.

Monzo doesn’t need to have people replying to reviews. That is a waste of time and to me shows that the company is very active on trustpilot in more ways than one (like Revolut).

5 Likes

I’ve just gave my review of Monzo to show my support.

Granted, some of the negative reviews on there could be genuine as they’re representative of facts such as o interest or international payments, though I disagree 1 star reviews are warranted for those shortcomings.

The ones quoted within this thread do seem suspicious though.

3 Likes

People who give online reviews tend to either be angry or over the moon with a product. I never believe any of them. Half the time the angry ones are just upset the world doesn’t revolve around them

But Monzo should reply, reflects badly if they don’t

8 Likes

I don’t trust Trustpilot..

:thinking:

7 Likes

9.1 equals five stars?
4.5 at best.

4 Likes

I guess what matters is whether it’s having a significant impact on user signups. It doesn’t seem to be right now..

I’d rather the team focus on fixing issues & developing the product, than replying to complaints about a lack of Apple Pay personally.

5 Likes

Yeah, don’t be a Revolut. :no_entry_sign:

Customer retention > new signups.

4 Likes

It’s a shame you can’t get metrics for numbers affected by trust pilot reviews.

1 Like

Good life advice really.

4 Likes

As I suggested, I expect they’re focused on -

If word of mouth is the primary signup route, then media such as Facebook and Twitter, where we are served our friends’ comments in our feeds, are far more important for Monzo staff to respond to.

Dayum

1 Like

I don’t trust Trustpilot, they took down the good review I wrote of Bristol Energy and made me send in my bill, but they accept tons of clearly spam reviews of Bulb.

6 Likes

Right, so presumably they’re prioritising what matters most..I’m sure that if they had a big enough team to do both then they would.

But fortunately they’re not in a position where they have to refer to their Trustpilot reviews in order to refute accusations of poor service so it’s less important.

1 Like