Trustpilot Reviews

Another update! (See my last here.)

We’re now chatting with Trustpilot about working with them to send invitations to users to leave a review. Removing 1-star misleading reviews is extremely difficult due to how their compliance process work but hopefully we can get lots of higher star ratings that are more accurate of the typical Monzo experience.

Stay tuned.

5 Likes

I wonder whether it may be worth waiting on the Chat situation being resolved before sending requests to users to review Monzo. I can imagine it being a bit frustrating if you’re waiting a few days for a chat response and you get asked to do a review.

11 Likes

Maybe I am biased but I have never had a problem with Monzo and most of my friends also have an account and have not heard anything bad from them.

So I was very surprised when I had a look at Monzo on trust pilot to see nearly a third of reviews to be 1 star out of 5.

I wondered what people thought about this?

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.monzo.com?languages=en&stars=1

Trustpilot is going wild.

A lot of those reviews seem to have the same problem though and fairly generic sounding names. Call me a cynic but…

2 Likes

Trustpilot isn’t very trustworthy. I’ve seen lots of paid surveys that will pay you if you write a fake review on it.

Also done on other review sites.

1 Like

It’s easier to leave a negative review rather than a positive review. People will go out their way to slander you on any site possible if their unhappy with something.

If people are happy their generally a lot less likely to make the effort to signup to review sites and state that. However happy people will recommend you via word of mouth, which is a more powerful recommendation than a random reviewer online. Monzo is certainly growing massively via word of mouth recommendations only.

Trust Pilot is also not cheap to partner with to collect reviews, depending on the volume of reviews you can be paying multiple £1000’s a month, which Monzo probably feel is better spent elsewhere given the growth via word of month.

However everyone on the Monzo community forum could just take a bit of time out and go leave a honest review of their experience with Monzo :slight_smile: so the view point of passionate users is also fairly represented.

1 Like

hi Don,

there is already a thread on trust pilot reviews on the forum if you want to add to the discussion , its probably going to be a better conclusion for everybody to try and keep the topics together , rather than have multiple threads all discussing the same topic ?

I found it by typing trustpilot in the search at the top right of the page - you can then find out if there is already a relevant thread to add to :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @don_quixote! :wave:

I’ve moved your thread over here to keep all the Trustpilot chat together. Hope that’s okay!

2 Likes

Agree, it would help if we all take a few minutes to leave a honest (and hopefully positive) trust pilot or App Store review.

With 36k investors and 30k+ community members - it should be an easy task.

1 Like

It will be a mix of people having their accounts locked out for using them for illegal activities, and spammers paid to make negative reviews.

You can tell by the weird phrasings used, the common one calling a bank a scam or fraudsters. Almost like they don’t know how strict banking can be.

The legitimate ones seem to be the customer service bad reviews, which are well deserved at the moment.

I agree but if you were just having a quick look you might decide not to bank with monzo if you were thinking of joining up.

Who would be your guess as to who is paying for them

I agree with this - will post a honest review now

I wonder if it would help if Monzo did some sort of blog post that could be generically linked to as a response.

It could include:

• number of accounts frozen
    -number of frozen accounts as a %age of total accounts
  • how to avoid getting your account frozen (eg prewarning and evidence of large transactions)
  • what some of the pitfalls of trading cryptocurrency are (Inc that an an individual is unlikely to be able to perform robust enough KNC checks)
  • how to go through complaints process at Monzo
  • that if fraud is suspected they can’t talk about it.

Surely if this was a generic thing it wouldn’t be tipping off individuals, and none of these things are secret?

4 Likes

Having another look, assuming the reviews aren’t fake, it could be that people moving here are using monzo believing they can use it to siphon money in, getting money from “family” members which may not be coming from legitimate sources (whether the believe them to be legitimate or not). That would account for the horrible English and odd but consistent use of words like scamming and fraudsters.

2 Likes

Going from the top comment of “Is trustpilot worthwile” I work with a lot of companies that use trustpilot and it can be a very good selling point having a good trustpilot score.

If you’re enjoying monzo I would suggest you write a little review, same for the app store. Most people only take the time to review something when it’s bad

2 Likes

That is the inherent issue with online reviews. While I always talk about Monzo to friends, family, and till staff (especially if they point out the bright card) - I wouldn’t even have thought to leave a review on TrustPilot if not for this thread!

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more make sure to post a review if people get the chance

2 Likes

To be honest, most people that do get their accounts frozen are the people that make an account, deposit/receive an huge amount and obviously Monzo likely asked them for invoices/etc but they didn’t provide.

1 Like

Just added my own review to help against the swathe of 1 stars. I personally tend to ignore inflammatory reviews (of any company or product) if they are vague or poorly written, but they’re definitely hard to overlook when they’re being left in such large numbers.

I would also add that when I see a billboard or advertisement relying heavily on a Trustpilot rating (or similar) in order to sell something, I’m immediately sceptical about it’s authenticity. Word of mouth goes a lot further in my opinion, and Monzo has that part covered. :smile:

4 Likes

This guy is a proper crank, nothing better to do then leave negative reviews, 6 so far.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/users/5bfd90ce5483f4b8a9c07e85

3 Likes

Good reply from Monzo there as well. Clearly it takes time to deal with frozen funds after account closure so he’ll keep leaving reviews

4 Likes