Trustpilot Reviews

Who said anything about an attack on Monzo? The idea that Monzo’s resources aren’t infinite is a fact, I’m just pointing that out :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is? My reading comprehension has certainly taken a hit then.

2 Likes

With all due respect, you asked a question, got an answer (focusing on COps and Dev), and refused to accept that answer.

Just as in the “how much is @tom paid” thread (A: max £60,000). :+1:

4 Likes

Comments like that definitely don’t help you make your point :man_shrugging:

Meanwhile here’s 137 comments with plenty of criticism & no pushback :thinking:

Testing Marketplace Beta

1 Like

Well I’m off to trustpilot and and I know what review I am going to give. Even if my account is deleted on here at least that will stay.

2 Likes

Can you link it here when you’re done please?

Edit: just seen your other post. Bear in mind reviews are meant to be from customers. Not for those who were nearly scammed by a customer.

2 Likes

(Edited, apologies.)

Mods - do you have a facility on the community backend to know when multiple forum users share the same IP/browser fingerprint?

Don’t think it is…

Forums I’ve moded (is that a verb?) have always had that facility

A lot of those trustpilot reviews are disgruntled users, as always and in the same way as you should take TripAdvisor reviews, ignore the 1* and 5* reviews and read those in the middle …

3 Likes

Wonders if Trustpilot can be gamed to the same extent as TripAdvisor :thinking:

2 Likes

You ever see on amazon when they have 100 reviews for a product all using the exact same text?

2 Likes

Please do not direct me on what the discussion is about :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh god, looking at these bad reviews i think they could definitely do with staff reaching out / giving a reply.

1 Like

Generally the case. There is a truly horrid, shyster car hire firm I once had the misfortune to use. The 1 star reviews on Trustpilot sound genuine and mirror my experience of those crooks. I even posted one myself.
However, they are drowned out by 5 star one-line reviews from a lot of people whose only activity there is to post numerous 5 star reviews of that rip-off car hire firm.

While Monzo is interesting it is not perfect, and it is silly to try and pretend that it is. For example, my experience has been that it generates a lot of “card declined”.

2 Likes

There’s been some good reviews on TrustPilot in the last 5 or 6 hours.

Surprisingly, the good reviews have all been marked as useful, and the bad reviews haven’t. I wonder if there is any to be read into that?

2 Likes

Apart from the fact that this community are now flocking to Trustpilot as they can’t hear a bad word said about Monzo?

7 Likes

I guess it depends - I haven’t had a single decline since I joined.
It will probably take time until all merchant systems recognise Monzo’s BIN (Bank Identification Number, the first 6 digits on your debit card).

3 Likes

The declines seem to be partly merchant specific and partly general system failures. For example, I have been declined at Sainsbury’s only to notice later a message from Monzo saying that they have had a general system failure. Being card declined at a supermarket does rather make you look like a pillock.

2 Likes

Surely not :joy:

Oh yeh? :joy:

1 Like