Trouble Logging In

I’ve been sent my card and am trying to log in. I’d been experiencing a problem where the log in process was interrupted between my log in email and going back into the app and having to begin again. After quite a few times the app has stopped acknowledging my email entirely - “request failed: client error (429)”. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Could you let us know what was interrupting the process? Also, do you have the iOS app or the Android app?

It’s a bit of a pain but usually, deleting & reinstalling the app will fix issues like this one.

If that doesn’t work, you’ll probably get a solution for this problem faster by emailing help@monzo.com or sending the team a DM on Twitter.

Error 429 is “too many requests”. Depending on how many times you tried, you may have to wait between 1–24 hours to be able to retry. This is a security measure to prevent people from spamming another person with login emails or otherwise mass-dumping addresses into the login system. :policeman:

Get in touch with us at help@monzo.com if you would like us to investigate. :mag_right:

1 Like

It was interrupted due to the app crashing i think, it minimised the app and then the process was restarted. It’s the iOS app. I’d tried deleting and reinstalling the app but I’ve been told that the error code is due to too many requests which seems likely as i’d been trying a lot. I’ll wait and see if reinstalling works and if not I’ll do as you suggested and email them. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

ahh thank you, seems likely