Trends - a big update to the Monzo experience

I’d like to see merchant trends that include connected accounts - something similar to the average spend and total spend on Monzo transactions but for connected accounts too.

4 Likes

So the two things I think we have a hint for (h/t to @davidwalton) are:

1. A merchant view
  2. Some form of trend line graph thing

:thinking:

3 Likes

Speaking of which, new Android beta just dropped. Bit delayed from last week.

I wonder what secrets it holds? :eyes:

1 Like

No real inkling of what it will be, but I’d like to see the changes needed to enable summary to be retired.

I think that means

1. Category budgets
  2. More budget/analytics period options

Seems feasible in a single update.

Is anything else needed before Summary can be retired?

5 Likes

Those are the essentials, aren’t they?

I’m wondering (/hoping) if they might look at the problem of budgeting and forecasting future spend in a bigger way, bringing in connected accounts etc. That would mean being able to plan for longer term goals (perhaps by setting up regular transfers) or finding a better way to distinguish committed/bill and discretionary spend.

But on previous form it’s doubtful they’d do it all in one go, isn’t it?

5 Likes

Your optimism always makes me smile.

3 Likes

I’m a broken man, Jonathon.

I know it’s not going to happen but I can’t help but hope :joy:

3 Likes

I imagine this has to be in the plans. If not now, then sometime in the future.

2 Likes

“WE’RE GOING TO HAVE THE MOST AMAZING AND TRANSFORMATIONAL EVENING OF OUR LIVES, REALLY COMING TO TERMS WITH OUR OWN INNER SELF AND GRAPPLING WITH SOME OF THE MORE EXISTENTIAL ISSUES PLAGUING OUR GREAT SOCIETY AND HOW WE CAN RESOLVE THE PROBLEM OF THE GREAT DIVIDE, AND I BELIEVE THE LOCATION TO THESE GREAT ENDEAVOURS PROVIDES THE BEST SPACIAL DYNAMICS TO ACHIEVE OUR OBJECTIVE IN THE MOST EFFICIENT AND COST EFFECTIVE MANNER!”

“… Peter we’re just having a pint in Wetherspoons…”

12 Likes

OMG you know me! :joy:

(Except without all the buzzwords obvs)

8 Likes

Marketing spiel gold.

No link in the eyes? Come on… :eyes:

5 Likes

:eyes:

So, external account subscriptions. What’s that all about?

1 Like

Easier way to identify and cancel?

2 Likes

Well hopefully whatever it is, it’s enabling work for the merging of summary and trends.

My guess is that it’s a forecast line based on your spending.

6 Likes

I was on a completely different page, thinking about paying for Plus or Premium from external accounts. Which then made me think about paying for / having access to Monzo Plus without a Monzo current account.

But what you say makes so much more sense :joy:

1 Like

I don’t have connected accounts. Does Monzo currently detect recrurring payments within connected accounts? If not, it could be that.

1 Like

No, it doesn’t at the moment. Connected accounts are good for Trends, but no Summary, no notes, no split the bill/shared tabs…

4 Likes

Actually……

Please let this be the ability to update connected account transactions before they’ve cleared.

That would be epic :pray:

2 Likes

I assumed just like ability to manage third party subscriptions through Monzo?

2 Likes

This morning I mostly have dread that we’re going to get an amazing feature announced, but rolled out very slowly, with me at the back of the queue.

4 Likes