Trends - a big update to the Monzo experience

Anyone working in Monzo?

Edit: that reads a lot sassier than intended! It was a “has anyone from Monzo got any suggestions” rather than “pfft, is there even anyone working in Monzo!”

3 Likes

For support you’re best contacting us through the in app chat. We try (& our engineering team) to keep on top of issues on here, especially with new features but we don’t provide support on the community I’m afraid.

5 Likes

Cheers I’ll do that. I’ve edited my above post as it came across really aggressive which was not intended! Sorry!

I’d seen a few engineers on here asking people to DM them so was unsure if that’s what I should do while it’s being tested.

2 Likes

I received an email yesterday asking for help to launch a new feature, which is all about gathering feedback prior to the ‘public’ launch of Trends:

SurveyMonkey survey completed!

no question or opportunity to mention Joint account categorisation/parity though
iDW_fumes

5 Likes

What were the questions? :eyes:

I also got this email yesterday, survey filled out.

1 Like

Does trends not have joint account parity though? Wasn’t that partly the point vs summary?

:eyes: :pray:

You can’t use custom categories with a Joint Account, so this messes up Trends when you do have custom categories on your Personal account and/or Connected account(s) and use them with Trends.

4 Likes

I’m guessing someone DM’d the questions? I was in the middle of screenshotting…

1 Like

Negative capt’n.

1 Like

I’ll continue… :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

::bowing_man:

You are the best of us.

1 Like

If this is deemed unethical or against forum rules somehow, let me know & I’ll delete.

I’m not revealing how I answered though
iDW_wink

4 Likes

Through my extreme hacking skillz :tm: I have actually obtained your answers. Here are a few highlights:

1. Other “I USE IT AS A JOINT ACCOUNT”

2. The three words are: WHAT ABOUT JOINTACCOUNTS? (I liked the cunning lack of a space to get to the three word limit on that one).

I would reveal more, but I think I think everyone gets the gist.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

6 Likes

omg, nothing online is safe from those skillz :tm: :rofl: - absolutely spot-on :dart:

Still, on-Trend (see what I did there?), I’ve noticed that if you log out of Monzo and log back in, Trends defaults to showing every available account is included except a :monzo: Joint Account. In my case, I have 5 available accounts and the account selector always shows ‘4 of 5 selected’ when Trends is opened. I have to include the Joint Account every time.

3 Likes

Mine doesn’t do that. Joint account, once activated is always connected, even after killing the app and reopening again.

2 Likes

Interesting…

Can you also re-order your Joint account to be first in the list/carousel and then back to after the Personal Account? I can’t - regardless of the Labs setting or whichever device I use.

1 Like

Joint accounts are such an interesting thing to get into a logic model. If we want to see net worth, or overall trends, do we do that by person or by “joint-entity”.

Loads of data and presentational issues, I think. I’m assuming it’s all generally a headache and Monzo prefers to do de minimis on it because it’s a lot of effort…

1 Like

It should be treated as a single bank account and forget ‘ownership’ of it. If there’s 10 quid in the Joint account, I’m worth £10 as far as any reports are concerned and so is MrsW. The value will drop for both of us if any one of us spends from that £10 - so both of our independent reports will be correct at any point in time.

2 Likes