Tred discussion

Mind. Blown.

1 Like

My Tred account is getting closed asap. This whole thing is giving me Tandem card vibez.

2 Likes

At least Tandem had a vision to reposition to. Not sure what Tred will do when everyone leaves them for the umpteen other free eco card thingies

1 Like

I went to close my account in the app. It’s only set up to send an email directly from the Apple Mail app (which I don’t have) and there’s no actual email address given. If closing an app–only account by email only wasn’t ridiculous enough (why not just authorise in the app?) then defaulting to one particular email app is just bad UX.

There’s nothing in the account, so I guess they’ll get round to closing the account in a couple of months when they realise they can’t take any fees from me.

3 Likes

I’d give you the email address but you need the auto-generated customer reference number that’s added to the email when you open the Apple Mail app. It’s a terrible experience

1 Like

I literally just sent the email it comes up with as it has your personal reference in it. They emailed me back two days later saying they closed it but wanted feedback. Ignored. Bye. :sweat_smile:

I had hopes for Tred - I almost took part in the fund raising last year.

So now they’ve started charging a membership fee of £2.99, which I wasn’t too happy about, but the deal breaker was the online authentication codes not working - tried to buy stuff from Amazon last night. and the code sent to me was invalid?!

Emailed them to close the account.

Me too - but the moment they proposed charging for basics I didn’t go any further with them.

I don’t hear many people using them day to day, I think you must be their one customer.

3 Likes

The model obviously doesn’t work for free, so why do we all expect it to be free?

1 Like

That’s true, they have to make money somehow

But I think there’s a difference between charging for additional features ala Monzo Plus/rewards vs Treds model which charges for things such as bank transfers etc.

Spotted in Leeds… City Square.

1 Like

Tred is closing all personal accounts

So they found people were not prepared to pay £4.99 for basic banking functions free elsewhere then.

Shame - I liked Tred but no way was I paying for a bank (with no features for that cost)

3 Likes

Big surprise. There’s not really room for n+1 fintechs in the UK market, and if your USP is charging people £4.99 for basic functionality you’re living in cloud cuckoo land.

3 Likes

This feels incredibly onerous. Can’t one just transfer their own funds out?

I have no desire to send them my detailed statement from another bank showing my balance, and my private transactions. That’s a bizarre request - I’m not applying for credit, I should simply be able to name a sort code and account number and off we go. And I should be able to do it in-app… Mad.

3 Likes

Showing your age there! This was my grandmother’s catchphrase.

1 Like

I’ve sent them a redacted Monzo statement header with no details, hopefully enough info

No reason they shouldn’t. Whenever these are requested of me, if they have no purpose for needing to see see my transaction history, the whole thing gets redacted besides the part of the header that includes my name and address, the banks name and my account details and the date. Never had any problems.

2 Likes

I shall make no public statement! :sweat_smile: I try not to give too many giveaways as to my age, not sure if successfully!

1 Like