The prepaid card is taking some downtime on Sunday 8th October from 00:00-02:00

Our card processor will be performing scheduled maintenance to help make their systems more reliable. On the prepaid card during this time, card payments, Monzo-to-Monzo payments and top-ups will not work. You will still be able to view your app and contact customer service.

If you’re heading out on Saturday night, please carry another card with you.

Please also be aware that some other card providers use the same processor we do, and might be affected by the planned downtime too. It’s worth double-checking that the other card you plan to carry will definitely be working during this time.

We’re so sorry if this causes you any issues. We’re working hard with our partner to provide a service you can rely on, and this is an important step towards achieving that :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

And I got excited thinking a merge of apps coming along :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just prepaid cards yeah?

Yep, this will only affect the prepaid card.

We don’t use a third party processor for the current account :slightly_smiling_face:

(I’ll update my post to clarify!)

3 Likes

@bea Maybe this should be pinned at the top until it is completed?

@bea Might be good to include Prepaid Card in the title? I thought this was for the current account from the title

Same here. Alas, we wait. :frowning:

Thanks, done…! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not strictly related but it might be a good idea to advise users to use a legacy card and not just another card. Your competitors seem to be using your same card processor, so when shortages happen they happen for everyone. Suggesting to carry a legacy card would avoid angry customers unhappy at both challenger banks because of poor service.
A few friends of mine fell in that category, they carried both a Monzo and a card for another challenger bank, they ended up not having access to their money at all for the duration of the outage and were frustrated with the service received from both banks.

6 Likes

Will this include cash withdrawals fro
Atm’s?

That’s right Lewis, this will affect all transactions on the prepaid card, so you won’t be able to withdraw cash from ATMs during this time either

1 Like

Thanks Danny, that’s been done (with help from @RichardR :wink:)

1 Like

Thanks Tink, this is a really good point. I’ll update the above to make people aware, and have noted it to the rest of the team too :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks again, hopefully this will help people avoid the same frustration your friends went through! :disappointed:

2 Likes

Yep…Fire juat sent an email to all their customers today too

Just to confirm here that this is now over. :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

I tried using prepaid card at 4am this morning and the card reader just made two blips and ignored my contactless attempt. So I just used my debit card from my bank. Would this have been due to the down time? Or is there some other problem I need to overcome; it’s the first time I’ve used it too, I only received it yesterday. Thanks for any help!

This sounds like a different issue. If you have one of the very latest batch of prepaid cards, you may need to try one chip and PIN transaction before contactless will work properly. :+1:

4 Likes

Fantastic that’s what one of your colleagues has just said on the in-app chat. I will get that done ASAP. Thanks!