The new payment limit increase flow is 🔥

Are you currently in the joint account? Not your personal?

As messages can come from the account your app is currently sat in, the brain cells don’t work out the box sometimes with some staff :joy:

Yes I was in the joint when I went to the flow.

But the flow refers only to Personal and Business. As limits on a personal account are applied across both the individual and joint accounts, raising the limits on one would raise the limits on the other. As the help states, “your limits are based on you, not the number of accounts you have”. (Obviously the business account is separate because the money belongs to the business, not to me).

I could probably put the request through again and not mention where I want to make the payment from, but it seems there’s a training issue here.

Edit: Also, if they only look at the current account they won’t see the funds (which have now cleared). And I can’t move the money to my personal account because 1) I’d need to raise my limits to do so and 2) the receiving bank expect the funds to come from the linked account I have specified, which is my joint account as the savings account I want to fund is also in joint names.

3 Likes

Just complain to them. Such a poor show.

1 Like

So after 7.5 hours chat came back to me and told me Personal includes joint accounts. I said well, can you tell your own staff that as they don’t seem to know.

I’ve also suggested changing the wording to “Personal or Joint” on the options screen (a screen which presumably only appears if you also have a business account).

Limits will be increased tomorrow. The request process is pretty smooth and the turnaround time (both times) very quick - which makes what happened even more irritating.

7 Likes

Cuz monzo :joy:

1 Like

That’s not too bad then, hopefully they’ll use that as a training issue to make sure everyone else knows

1 Like

So, apart from that little annoyance all very smooth. Limits increased today, until midnight tomorrow.

6 Likes

First time using the flow last week. What was a pinch point is now an absolute breeze :ok_hand:t3:

3 Likes

Just to add to this, this is now the second time I’ve had to use it to pay for building work.

I submitted the request at 8:15am. The increase was confirmed about an hour later which runs until the end of tomorrow (meaning I have a couple of days to make the payment).

The limit was also increased by £500 over my payment amount so I still have some contingency if I need to make further transfers.

Video selfie and details about the payment were needed, and I uploaded a couple of screen grabs of the invoice I was paying.

Love how smooth this has become. Well done Monzo!

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.