The Monzo Current Account Preview

In the roadmap there is a card which says that monzo will rollout current account to 2017 pledgors. How would this work if those who were pledgors selected No to the investor question in the Register Interest form

I have probably misunderstoodā€¦ but why would you have selected no to the question if you were an investor?

edit: I get it now, pledger v. investorā€¦ as you were

1 Like

If you were an investor you select Yes if you were a pledger, i.e. hoped to be an investor but werenā€™t successful, you select No.

My understanding isā€¦

Once the initial testing phase is done and the accounts start to roll out to everyone, investors will come first followed by and pledgers who werenā€™t selected will be invited and then everybody else.

Remember that the plan is to get all users over by the year end.

2 Likes

My reading of the blog post was that once they start to roll out to everyone, both investors and pledgers will be first in the queue. I think the investorsā€™ benefit is that they will definitely be selected for this ā€˜early accessā€™ current account if they sign up on now.

If you pre-registered to invest in the last round but werenā€™t successful, as promised you will also get early access to the current account. That will mean you are in the first group of people to receive a card and current account once we start rolling out en-masse!

2 Likes

Well spotted, will edit. And investors get the custom cards too.

1 Like

Itā€™s important to separate out ā€œfull public launchā€ from an ā€œearly release to a few hundred customersā€.

All of the features people love from the prepaid card will be available on the full bank account before itā€™s offered to everyone.

This is a limited release so we can ensure Direct Debit, Faster Payments, Overdraft etc are all working as expected, before we go out to the mass market. If youā€™re interested in an early preview, this might be for you.

If you want to wait, thatā€™s totally fine as well :slight_smile: The bank account should be more ā€œfeature-completeā€ and made available to the whole user-base in the next few months, and the prepaid card will continue to work in the meantime.

27 Likes

Yes, citi offer 24/7 365 day support around the globe, so no matter where I am i can call up and have my issue dealt with by a human beingā€¦

@tom, appreciate its not a full launch, and is a way to test functionality is working as expected, and without any glitches before going to full releaseā€¦

Dont get me wrong iā€™m looking forward to trying Monzo Current Account offering as much as everyone else, and have even registered for the previewā€¦

Iā€™m a pledger but Iā€™ve ticked Yes in the investor question when registering my interestā€¦ does this need to change?

A few people asked about being investors in the first round and whether theyā€™ll get early access so thought Iā€™d explain :slight_smile:

Investors in the first round of crowdfunding were given early access to the prepaid card as promised, whereas those in the second have been promised early access to the current account. Obviously, if you invested in the first round but still want to get involved ASAP, then you can register for the Preview and get access :smiley:

For pledgors, you wonā€™t get automatic access in the Preview but as soon as weā€™re confident, youā€™ll be in the first ā€˜waveā€™ of accounts made available (for context, youā€™re about 40k people out of 300k so itā€™ll be much earlier than many) :slight_smile:

Hope that makes sense but shout if you have questions!

10 Likes

Just for my sanity, is anyone getting a notification or email confirming registration? Worried the form hasnā€™t gone through.

4 Likes

@Cubetec Thereā€™s no automatic notification so donā€™t panic :slight_smile: Iā€™ll try and send everyone an update this week though

7 Likes

Brill, thanks for letting me know, saves me flooding the form :joy:

1 Like

1st world problems for real

1 Like

Amazing! Canā€™t wait to get the current account :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to reiterate, in the Preview phase, you donā€™t have to stop using your prepaid card and app in order to use the Current account card and app.

Iā€™ve been mostly using my Current Account since the beginning of the month, but thereā€™s been a couple of occasions where the easiest thing for a friend or family member to do has been to send a Monzo payment to my prepaid card, and thatā€™s all good.

The idea here is that we can properly stress test the new things with a selection of people who are more than happy to give detailed feedback as and when needed :ok_hand:t4:

8 Likes

Very excited to hear. Itā€™s going to become a lot easier to track spending soon.

Is this future functionality hidden in plain sight behind the counterā€¦

Will monzo detect future billsā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Thereā€™s a better preview of what thatā€™ll look like here -

https://community.monzo.com/t/breakdown/9589

1 Like

Haha Iā€™m on fire with the useless posts today! Thanks

1 Like