The Monzo Current Account Preview

It happened!!! We can close the internet now.

5 Likes

White envelope? How boring of Monzo!

It was either that or theyā€™d have to emboss blue lettering and numbering on the card :wink:

Usually a blue envelope with a address label onā€¦

Yep. And white embossed cards were leaving a clear trace of details on the blue paper. :roll_eyes:

Potential security risk.

Ah okay, got you! Sorry, a tad slow there. However, surely the envelopes could still be blue, wasnā€™t it the blue insert inside the details were on?

1 Like

Yep and yep. But blue envelopes are expensive and Monzo is about to launch a poll to crowdsource opinion on envelope colours, the debate will go ballistic, nobody will like the colours chosen and will want something else, and Monzo will suggest a fee of 3% for those who insist on blue envelopes.

13 Likes

I cannot believe they had the cheek to use Royal Mail. Surely given your ā€˜fewā€™ posts on the matter surely they should have hand delivered?

Mine was in a plain white envelope- doesnā€™t look like a card enclosed - :+1:

I know right! Personally I think Tom should have hand delivered it to me in a gold flecked envelope :joy_cat:

8 Likes

were that the case we will have one the wrong shape and size for the contents

Iā€™m happy with white and white as it should be cheaper, less ink use and more environmentally friendly. I would even go as far as to say what is the natural colour befor bleaching? Or what colour for recycled paper without bleaching?

1 Like

Oh and great news @anon72173902 it finally happened! :+1:t2:

Anybody rate the current account. I would Love to give it a try?

Itā€™s currently in preview to test some core features prior to full launch. If you prefer a polished product then best wait until the full launch. So far so good, but by no means complete :wink:

1 Like

Itā€™s great to have salary and direct debits on Monzo but as Bob says, itā€™s currently very much a preview. Thereā€™s many features of Monzo pre-paid not present at the moment. Once it launches publicly I believe itā€™ll be the best current account in the UK by a mile.

Good to know guys thank you :slight_smile:

Monzo already does everything I want in a bank as well or in many cases better than the bank I left behind, so itā€™s well worth it. OTOH if you donā€™t like risk* (they could push out a broken version of the app, the payment systems could go down for a day, stuff like thatā€¦ itā€™s not likely but itā€™s possible in this phase) then wait.

monzo.me transfers are not working yet, although you have faster payments of course, but transferring between prepay card and current account is an issue until thatā€™s sorted. AFAIK thereā€™s also no way to get the app on iOS at the moment as testflight is broken (unless thatā€™s fixed now?).

• No risk of losing your money, though, thatā€™s protected.
1 Like

Congrats Danny!! Itā€™s finally happened :joy:

2 Likes

Thought the current account cards may be a different colour! Any plans for this or personalised cards?

Having trialled my CA for the last month (and sorry if it has already been mentioned somewhere in the 1050+ replies above) I have genuinely enjoyed using it. I did initially have a few issues as outlined below:

• when going through the ID process (photo of ID) the app blocked both of my cameras and forced me to re-boot my phone (iOS) This happened on two different devices but finally managed to download the app onto my wifeā€™s phone and to complete registration (I flagged this with Monzo and apparently this was an early glitch with the latest IOS update)

• for general usage itā€™s really good and it ticks most boxes I require for my CA

• my employer was sadly unable to pay my salary into the CA as their bank did not recognise the sort code - I believe this has now been fixed (Barclays)

• the app itself is as easy as the pre-paid version to use! Would be great to have an easier way to set up/administer direct debits / payments

Other than that I am very happy so far

Morts

3 Likes