The Monzo Current Account Preview

I’ve just had a card transaction declined at a major TOC - presumably because their payment processor didn’t recognise the BIN. It’s annoying, but it’s what beta testing is for :slight_smile:

1 Like

Current account previewers are speeding up the process of recognition. As more of us demand companies update their systems the bank is accepted in more places, quicker.

I don’t have it to hand but I’m sure @alexs can rustle up the link; but the saintly James Nicholson (Experience not provided) had an interesting tweet discussion with Virgin Media regarding Direct Debits.
It basically boiled down to the fact that their systems should be up to date as the Sort Code etc. have been in existence for a number of months and they are required to update their systems more regularly.

Here it is :slightly_smiling_face:
https://twitter.com/jameslnicholson/status/897428020583174145

2 Likes

It was poetry in motion!

Following on from that, I was having the same discussion with BMW Protect (provided by Allianz). There proposal was to ring me every month to take the payment by card :scream:

Not good enough in my book so they have gone back to their IT dept to ask again.

If anyone needs a link to the BACS direct debit rules there is a version here…

https://www.bacs.co.uk/SUGR/Pages/TheEssentialsOfUsingBacs.aspx

See point 7

The most anyone should have to wait is 1 month.

6 Likes

Waiting to see if it will make me swap from starling or use both.

If we do have to wait more than a month it’s a breach of their agreement, right? Would that incur a fine? :thinking:

Im guessing no… anyone in the know?

So that would be a month from when the sort code was allocated to Monzo?

1 Like

I’m assuming so but hopefully someone in the know could clarify.

1 Like

Any information on when we’ll be getting the same Merchant data information? Quite sad to see ugly transactions names :cry: I also really enjoyed providing information on missing merchants and not being able to do it anymore makes me sad. Last, but not least: How come there are still more Early access updates for Prepaid Monzo app, not Current Account app?

4 Likes

Merchant updates will come but it’s not a priority (compared to P2P payments for example) :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Never been able to do this in the Android App!

1 Like

Just noticed a new version has landed in Testflight v.2.0.0 (322) :grinning:

1 Like

Any exciting new changes? :slight_smile:
/changelog? :smiley:

• List previous payees in app - pretty self-explanitory but it should make sending bank transfers even easier (NB: You can’t edit or delete these at present - that’ll come later!)
  • Better support for signing up from home
2 Likes

07201D63-CD8C-4B2D-B34F-3B24A676D8EA

2 Likes

I believe the RBS/Natwest issue is resolved, as reported by @nexusmaniac

Another change - my name is now my preferred name. :raised_hands:

1 Like

@liamn just confirmed it in the Monzo Slack channel :slight_smile:

https://monzodevelopers.slack.com/archives/C0XALTCUX/p1504107187000186

I had an issue using the new saved payees feature (& I know I’m not the only one) but David (one of the COps) has already let me know that logging out of the app & back in again fixes that :+1:

4 Likes