The Monzo Current Account Preview

Thanks :slight_smile: Just fixed my issue, assuming its the dupicated names :slight_smile:

How do you change your preferred name? Is that under the Card > Personal Data section?

I think the only caveat with existing payees is that the reference is currently blank, so will need to be re-added if you’re using this to make additional payments on a credit card or something similar.

This is great! I also had the duplicated names and that cleared on logout/in.

Really happy to have the details stored though.

I updated my preferred name in the in-app chat.

Yep that fixed it for me.

I didn’t change it - it just reverted to my prepaid name, which is my preferred. There isn’t a way to change it in the app.

Anyone else’s tagets / spending data gone? Mines vanished, just reported this to support.

2 Likes

Yes - seeing the same. Thanks for reporting. No need for me to now. :+1:

1 Like

If you force quit & reopen the app, that should fix the issue - it did for me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It Worked :slight_smile: Thanks!

I cannot use the payees in the list? I’m assuming they are meant to be clickable?

Edit: scratch that, it’s started working now :man_shrugging:t2:

I’ve transferred money to two of my other current accounts, but with the saved Payees there is nothing to distinguish them.

Great that they’re saved, but would love it if they showed recent payments when you click on, or show the Sort Code or account number of the Payee for this sort of use case.

IMG_3185

6 Likes

Still also very keen for a category for transferring between accounts, or lending someone money so that it doesn’t come out as expenditure and affect targets!

1 Like

There’s a solution for this on the way :tada:

Please bear in mind that the preview version of the app is simply the prepaid app + some bolted on buttons & screens, to enable users to access the current account functionality. It will change when version 2.0 of the app is rolled out, along with the full launch of the currents accounts :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Fully agree - hope I didn’t sound critical! Intended to be feedback for future builds!

1 Like

The payee name can be anything you like, it’s not actually used. So instead of just the name I put something to indicate which account it is going to, so I have:

DaveTMG Savings
DaveTMG NS
DaveTMG Slush fund

etc

2 Likes

Any info on the rollout?

Has anyone received a postal invite over the last few days? Are :mondo: waiting for a ‘big push’?

I don’t really want a history merge. I’m quite satisfied that my prepaid app has the history of my prepaid card which I have now left behind, and my current account app has my current account business.

1 Like

What I read into this is that there won’t be such a thing as a prepaid app. There will be an updated Monzo app that works with the Current Account only (with some sort of handover mechanism for those not yet migrated). I exepect the separate CA app to be a temporary ‘TestFlight only’ creation.

1 Like