The Monzo Current Account Preview

You’ve had 4 invites for Android?

No he means he’s on the developer preview of android O (the next release of Android :slight_smile: )

Not that he’s had 4 invites to the Monzo events :wink:

2 Likes

I would think a solution to the gender imbalance would be to invite more women, despite the 90/10 split they’re suggesting they have on sign ups at the moment. Maybe aim for the split they have on prepaid cards?

Then, if less women are still attending, think about why that might be (geography, format of events etc). A big part of addressing gender imbalance is looking at the structural things that make it happen too.

Seeing the gender balance as it is at the moment has made me feel slightly apprehensive about attending an event if I were invited - it’s definitely something that’s crossed my mind before seeing this thread. I know I shouldn’t feel like that - I work in a male dominated environment and am regularly the only women in the room. I’d almost certainly still attend, but it wouldn’t stop me feeling uncomfortable. I might sound crazy to some of the men on here, but I also might not be alone in this - seeing male dominated events can make some women not want to attend.

Disclaimer: I’m a woman and I’d also like a current account.

6 Likes

I’ve not heard anyone complain about android versions yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m going tonight and I’m also running the 4th O preview :wink: I’ll let you know if it works :slight_smile:

ahhhh my bad, early mornings and reading gone wrong haha

2 Likes

It may be you opted out of receiving updates and emails from us during signup for the current account :slight_smile: We’ve taken the decision to be extremely clear so that you have to opt in during the signup process and we respect your wishes. If you’re not sure, feel free to send me an email to tristan@monzo.com and I’ll check

2 Likes

Me too — seems fine so far :slight_smile: @emmag can probably confirm/deny though

2 Likes

Been running each of the developer previews as they’ve been released, haven’t had any issues with the Monzo app - reckon it’ll be fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wonder if that’s what has happened to my E-Mail :eyes:

1 Like

I can see what you are trying to say. But ultimately there was an option to register to be eligible for a preview of the current account with a stipulation to need to head to :monzo: head office in London. There could be a number of factors for why the gender mix is not more even (not wanting to actually try the preview, the distance to London, the potential of going solo to London, etc.)

I am sure :monzo: are trying to be as fair as they can with the invites and the selection process. And I believe the accounts will be doubling over the next 2-3 weeks so I imagine that will cover a huge chunk of those registered for the preview. And likely remote sign ups rather than needing to head to the capital. @tristan do you have a total for those registered for the preview?

Tried tweeting them, they told me to call their customer service team, they told me (after 15 minutes on hold) to e-mail as well. I’ve now sent an e-mail so hopefully this get’s sorted soon!

1056DB2C-0B07-49E2-9A0A-F4E2EFB8B9F7will catch up on The Tesla Show podcast to keep me occupied for the journey.

3 Likes

Looks like you’re travelling from a little further than I did (I went from Saddleworth). Good luck on your adventure!

1 Like

And I thought my trip from Norwich was a trek!

My main query is whether you went to Zaks on the way home or not?

Nah, Brick Pizza near the market for me :pizza:

I don’t know that one. Next time I’m in Norwich I’m going.

once I get an invite my trip will be all of 5 minutes, literally round the corner from their office.

1 Like

Okay so unless :monzo: have moved to Penzance I’m on the wrong train :scream:

Honestly never done that before. :man_facepalming:t2:

Thanks to the ladies in Sheffield station I’m booked on another train.

Thought I was going to be homeward bound much earlier than expected and without some new hot coral goodness :sob:

2 Likes

Ouch thats a shitty mistake, should be able to make it in time?