The Monzo Current Account Preview

(Eve) #645

I’m excited for this feature- I use two cards in the post office just to get cashback and spending info, which is a bit of a faff really

0 Likes

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #646

I read it in my ‘holiday monzo catch-up’ :joy: skimming through the threads I believe I saw a tweet saying it was already ready? :grin::grin: Super exciting, can’t wait to see what Monzo have brought to the Android side :wink:

0 Likes

(Marta) #647

Umm, I don’t want to rain on your parade :sweat_smile:, but I don’t expect more than what ios app has. Preview is strongly focused on testing Current Account functionalities, so releasing a ton of half-baked, less important functionalities would seem very hindering. BUT, at least we’d have it and that means a lot! :tada:

1 Like

Also… a few of us iOS users are a bit jealous of how good it looks!!

1 Like

(Dafydd Thomas) #649

Signed up for Starling to check it out… seems they offer interest on the current balance. Any news for that with Monzo?

0 Likes

(Alex Sherwood) #650

Yes, Monzo won’t be paying interest on in-credit balances :slight_smile:

You should be able to save a lot more money by choosing the right provider for you though, than you will from that interest..

In the longer term, providers like Ratesetter, Zopa & Nutmeg etc. will integrate with Monzo, to enable users to easily manage those services from the Monzo app & earn money from their savings. You can start to get a sense of what that looks like, from this preview.

1 Like

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #651

Sorry yeah, wording on that wasn’t great… :sweat_smile: I just mean I can’t wait for the app :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: it’s going to be wonderful if I make it into the testing phase, seeing how well received the current account has been so far it’s super exciting! :grin:

1 Like

(Alex Sherwood) split this topic #652

A post was split to a new topic: Depositing Cash & Cheques

0 Likes

(Damian) #654

I am booked to visit Monzo towers and get my current account on Tuesday :tada:
Only concern is the best way to get from Guildford into London with the recent news about chaos at Waterloo… I am working so cannot afford to take all day over travel!
Looking forward to meeting some of the Monzo team and others from this forum!

2 Likes

Cannot you go London road (Guildford) station, change at Epsom and go into London Victoria?

2 Likes

(I Can't Wait Till Tuesday, Scrap The Graph Day!!!!) #656

Guildford > Clapham Junction > London Victoria

3 Likes

(Simon B) #657

Have The Verge posted about it? We haven’t offered any early access to press AFAIK, he just must have been selected randomly for an event.

0 Likes

(Damian) #658

Thanks, though it looks like Clapham Junction is also on the avoid after 5pm list: http://m.nationalrail.co.uk/pj/disruption/details/C877AAD89EF148F6821622BA88B03F48
I am considering driving part way then getting the tube. Morden looks a good option as it should be a single train to Old Street.

0 Likes

(I Can't Wait Till Tuesday, Scrap The Graph Day!!!!) #659

The link does not work.

0 Likes

(Mike) #660

Yep! Most convenient way - make sure you get a ‘bank branch’ train and you should be able to grab a seat and relax all the way to Old St :sunglasses:

Not sure where you’re going to park though??

Alternatively you could get a train to Wimbledon station and then take the 131 bus to South Wimbledon station (a stop after Morden) and take a bank branch train to Old St.

1 Like

(P Burrows) #661

yup ill be keeping mine in a drawer for this very reason!!

0 Likes

(Damian) #662

Ah, appears to be mobile browsers only. :blush: Full browsers have to go via this page: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/today.aspx - currently third item down.

Mikeee - thanks for the tips. There appears to be a small car park at Morden which I was hoping might be emptying at around 5pm. https://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/morden-stn-lul/

1 Like

(Caspar) #663

If you can drive to Morden the northern stret to Old Street is fine - pretty quick too. And you’ll get a seat since it’s the first station :smile:

1 Like

(Alex Sherwood) #664

Following on from the above, if anyone can attend tonight’s event, I’d really appreciate it if you could take a photo of the slide showing the number of Monzo customers which looks like this. So that we can add that figure to our tracker of Monzo’s growth :pray:

4 Likes

(Leonard) #665

I’ll try do so - although i’ll probably be tucked in the corner trying not to spread this cold I have! :face_with_thermometer:

3 Likes