The Loop Investor Update šŸ“¬

Just got an email from Monzo :smiley:

Looks like an investor specific mailer :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello from Monzo! As one of our crowdfunding investors, we wanted to make sure youā€™re always aware of what weā€™re up to. So weā€™ll send you an update every quarter to keep youā€¦ in the loop!

Weā€™re expecting to see one each quarter, should be good :sunglasses:

I shanā€™t paste the entire email but Iā€™ll drop the headlines below :tada:

• Weā€™re working on business accounts
  • Weā€™re kicking off a large-scale marketing campaign
  • Weā€™ve got a new chairman

Thereā€™s a breakdown of the numbers (Share price, new customers, spent through Monzo, Monzo employees)

Ā£1,438,686,395 was spent on Monzo cards in Q1, which is an increase of 14% since Q4

:boom: Thatā€™s a super impressive figure :sunglasses:

2 Likes

First comment Iā€™m going to say is I feel like I know more about Monzo and the state of the Business more from reading this forum than the email.
But its good to have things summarised

5 Likes

Engine Creative being the outside ad/marketing help is interesting. Will have to look at what stuff theyā€™ve been involved with.

1 Like

A Monzo share is now worth Ā£7.71

1 Like

Excited for this !

" Investival 2019

This summer weā€™ll be hosting our very first investors community event in London. Itā€™ll be a day long affair with talks, demos and Q+A plus lots of time to meet and mingle with the Monzo team!"

4 Likes

Really liked this! What do people hope for from the AGM style event?

Unless it is ā€œexceptional circumstancesā€ and you require Ā£12 on that other threadā€¦

7 Likes

Same as when the last round happenedā€¦

Glad youā€™re excited :slight_smile:

Itā€™s gonna be a fun event!

4 Likes

Am I reading it right? A whole day? Conference style?

2 Likes

Actually might make the trip over from belfast for it! :blush:

1 Like

Was this in the email, only I canā€™t see it for looking :joy:

1 Like

The copy in my email is slightly different. At the bottom under ā€œGet Involved!ā€ it says:

But donā€™t worry, you wonā€™t have to wait three months to hear from us again. Weā€™re excited to announce that weā€™re holding our first ever investor event in June. Itā€™s an event where you can hear about what weā€™re up to do, and meet your fellow investors.

1 Like

Got it, cheers!!

1 Like

Whereā€™s that from, Tom? I canā€™t see it in my emailā€¦

near the bottom of the email -

1 Like

Yeah on the google form linked in the email :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah ha! Thanks muchly :+1::blush:

1 Like

Have added myself to the waitlist at lunchtime while reading the email. Hoping I get called upon to have the chance to attend

I forgot I turned off marketing emails :joy: I looked soo hard to find this email!