The Holiday thread 🛫

I would like to do a tour of the Baltics sometime next year. Already been to Estonia, but very interested in Latvia and Lithuania.

4 Likes

Chicken :rofl:

5 Likes

:eyes:

Where’d ya find the deer? I’ve only ever seen a live one once, and it was barely a glimpse. If you ever come back, you should try to find one of the highland cow hikes. They’re very friendly.

This is my friend Audrey

I love how she waits on the path for humans like an NPC quest giver.

7 Likes

Currently enjoying Toronto skylines and beer :beer: :canada:

6 Likes

I went to Munich last month - first holiday since the pandemic. I’m now planning on a solo trip back there to look at the bits we missed.

7 Likes

You’re all a lot braver than me. Not going anywhere near that floor, no matter how strong the glass.

3 Likes

Had a few days in Snowdonia last week. I’d forgotten how good it feels to get out into (relatively) the middle of nowhere for my mental health.

6 Likes

Not even if we hold your hand? :pensive:

I am so jealous @coffeemadman :heart_eyes:

If there’s any hunger issues - Maker’s Pizza :pizza:

2 Likes

Came across them while driving near Lochmaddy, saw them mostly at dawn and dusk. Slow movements and a telephoto lens helped I think.

Love Audrey! Angie in the pic below doesn’t really give off the same vibe but she’s from Dalmally :grimacing:.

5 Likes

I did think you were brave getting that close, then saw the text :rofl:

2 Likes

Currently in Amsterdam. Spent the last month in Minneapolis, Chicago and Los Angeles and pretty much had one of the best months of my entire life.

Went to Paisley Park for the 2022 Prince Celebration, where we were granted media passes by The Prince Estate

We were the first folks allowed to visit the brand new immersive Prince experience in Chicago, 3 days before the public opening

…where amongst many other things we got to recreate the Purple Rain album cover!

Then we spent lots of time in beautiful LA

Went to an intimate concert in Bel Air (at legendary jazz musician and founder of A&M Records, Herb Alpert’s bar) with Minneapolis funk legends St Paul and Jesse Johnson

After the show, I got to meet one of my all time music heroes, Jimmy Jam, whose music I have been listening to since I was literally 3 years old and my cousins gave me a tape of Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation

We visited the museum exhibit of another hero of mine, Tupac Shakur - The “Wake Me When I’m Free” exhibit in downtown LA, which has everything from handwritten lyrics to tape reels, to his clothing, his lyrics and much more

We spent three days at the “In The Studio With Michael Jackson” seminar with the engineers who worked on Thriller, Bad, Dangerous and HIStory, where we heard an incredible amount of stories behind the making of those albums, heard unreleased songs and saw unreleased studio footage. Steve Porcaro from Toto, who wrote “Human Nature” was in attendance and played us a completely unreleased song he did with Michael right after Thriller was released!

I took demos of new music I’ve been making and landed new management out in LA, and our new manager took us to the legendary Sunset Sound studio (where Prince did many albums including Purple Rain, Van Halen, Def Leppard and the Rolling Stones also recorded many classics there)

Visited my friend Chris, who was Prince’s audio engineer for some of the last albums he made while alive. Chris is now a Dolby Atmos / Spatial Audio engineer and has done Dolby mixes of the recent posthumous Prince releases as well as Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumours” and is now doing the rest of the Fleetwood catalog. Sitting in his Dolby setup studio and listening to “Dreams” and “Go Your Own Way” in the same studio where he did those mixes was incredible!

Finally, went to a friend’s birthday party and ended up sat next to iJustine and her sister Jenna as he’s a mutual friend of theirs and we hit it off! They’re both awesome.

An unforgettable trip, I feel truly grateful. Seeing Toto perform tomorrow in Amsterdam and then headed home :purple_heart:

13 Likes

That sounds like a proper, proper bucket-list trip and hope you had an out-of-this-world experience while managing to soak it all in for future recalls.

But this is something legendary :wink:

1 Like

I just love the architecture of that building

My friend also sent me a photo when he was in Minneapolis-St Paul before the pandemic as he caters to my architectural tastes haha

It is somehow both the most and least :princesymbol: building at the same time

3 Likes

Spent two weeks sailing around Svalbard earlier this month. Really great trip. So much wildlife - saw a pod of probably 50 orcas, a walrus that swam right by the boat, a selection of other whales. Only a few small towns but all incredibly friendly. 24 hour sunlight too. Always been a dream of mine to sail around this area.

9 Likes

Greetings from Lake Bled. You can see Bled castle in the background here but it’s obviously not the star of the shot

In unrelated matters, does anyone know how to answer “why are you taking your Monzo card out again we’re not even buying anything, is this the forum again?”

10 Likes

“Yes”

Nuf sed

3 Likes

Disco Pink on the Promenade in Llandudno :fire::hot_face::ocean::beach_umbrella:

10 Likes

I’ll post Yellow from there in September, if I remember :blush:

4 Likes

The République of Monzo :grin:

And how cute is this little bottle of wine :joy:

6 Likes