The Current Account Preview: Coming to a Letter Box Near You Soon!

Exactly my point! This is why I’m doubting this pledgers getting the next round. I reckon it will be around October November when I get mine if I get that lucky.

The key word here is preview.
At full launch investors will get the earlier access.

6 Likes

Ah yes. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. The current account hasn’t actually launched yet. It’s in preview only - to help iron out early bugs before full launch to investors, then pledgers, then everyone else.

I’ve been a user since last May, but I was far from the first – there were already more than 14,000 users by the time I got my Mondo card. So even though I registered interest in the current account as soon as the preview was announced, I’m not surprised I haven’t been chosen yet. There are thousands of eligible people.

Even if longer-term users were prioritised, there’s still a good chance you wouldn’t have the CA yet, as there must have been 15k+ Mondo users by the time you signed up for the waiting list. And to an extent, longer-term users are being given priority, as only those who’ve used Monzo for at least six months are eligible at this point.

There’s nothing that makes me an inherently more committed or better tester than someone who got their card yesterday. They might turn out to be more ‘deserving’ of a current account. I just had the good fortune to hear about Monzo earlier. As a reward, I have benefitted from the excellent prepaid card for 15 months more than them. :wink:

3 Likes

Regardless of whether its a preview or launch - I am still dying to get my claws on it :joy:

1 Like

Fingers crossed I’m in the latter 5k of the September roll-out then :joy: Prepaid has been good, but not good enough for my needs, being a student means tons of bank transfers :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh :confused:

I wanted to invest but was not selected. As a result of that process, I understood that the prioritising was going to be:

1. Investors
  2. Pledgers not selected to invest
  3. Remaining pre-paid Monzo card users

Have I misunderstood what was going to happen?

[Edit] Ah, the keyword is preview …then the sequence above when the account is launched proper.

1 Like

I must’ve done studenting all wrong, then. :smiley:

3 Likes

That definitely wasn’t the case, it was a random shot gun approach to get people from all of the country as apposed to the inner London Old Street circle where a lot of the early adopters and investors seem to be from.

I’m an incredibly early adopter, one of the first 500 and a double investor, but still yet to get a CA myself.

After having quite a few chats on the phone with Michael about how disappointed I was with how the roll out was conducted and how the communication was handled, he did explain to me the reasoning behind having such a random approach to the CA preview rollout which I can understand.

2 Likes

Ah, understood. Thanks.

Hey Daryl,

Sorry you were disappointed too :frowning: Feel free to email me at tristan@monzo.com if you want to chat further!

1 Like

Hey Tristan,

Hope you had a nice holiday away, I’ve been chatting with Michael who mentioned some things have been spoken about internally as we’ve had a few lengthy phone calls. He said he was going to get back to me either today or tomorrow with a bit of an update and feedback, which I assume coincides with your return to the office.

Thanks

1 Like

Yes.true this…like me​:thinking::thinking: