Tag History

Forgive me if this has been covered before, but to compensate for the lack of custom categories I’ve taken to tagging certain transactions so I can search / view history based on certain purchases (e.g. #coffee :)).

It would be very useful if the app could remember or auto complete previously used tags so that as I start to type I can pick from a list of used entries (both to save time, and to prevent silly typo’s!). Failing that, perhaps presenting options based on community tags used (ala Twitter when you enter the # sign into a draft tweet).

I’ve noticed that clicking one of the suggestions at the bottom of the notes screens auto-enters the tag, so I assume at least some of the functionality is there… :slight_smile:

Anyone else struggle with this?

Kelvin

1 Like

Seems like a no-brainer to me! I don’t use tags myself but this seems like an obvious way to make them much more usable.

I’m not sure what the stats are on usage of #tags. I’ve not been aware of much development happening on them so perhaps they are just not being used that widely, and therefore not prioritised that much (just a guess)

I would agree this would be helpful - especially for longer tags like ‘#Dave-stag-do-deposit

A small spelling mistake can be frustrating to say the least!

1 Like