Switched from Monzo to a legacy bank (Barclays) đŸ’«

You are logged out when you need to hit the email link to log in again. What makes you think you aren’t when that happens?

4 Likes

if you don’t have touch Id on your phone how do you log in initially if touch ID is required to log in ?

Booted off would be a better term, if I have enabled Touch ID then that should work.

Also on my other banking apps, logging off does just that and I am prompted to log in again on opening the app, the difference being is that I am logging in “in app” which is far more sensible and in one place

I do have it on my phone and it works with other apps, in this instance, if you have not “force closed” the app, you are not prompted for Touch ID, you are just placed directly into the app

yes on your phone particularly , but as I said if you don’t have touch ID on the phone you are using - or you have a skin condition that prevents you from using touch ID and to login requires touch ID how do you log in ?

Crossed lines here

I am not saying you HAVE to have it. I am saying if you have it and it is enabled, it should work

Monzo logs you in by piggy backing on the security of your email - you will notice that you do not have a traditional username / email and password with Monzo to log in with

I’m still confused what you think is lacking about the current log in process :confused:

2 Likes

Using the iPhone X, I’m promoted for Face ID every time I open the app. On my iPhone 6 it asks for Touch ID each time.

Seems to be an issue on your device maybe?

2 Likes

Sorry no, it worked fine with the prepay app (on the same phone), it is only since I got a CA that this is an issue.

BTW, if the Touch ID worked on the app, I wouldn’t be worrying about the log in log off function

Is TouchID enabled in the card settings in the app. I think the default is no.

Lol David, I know, and I have it enabled - however not working

That might be true for the old HSBC app. The new one, which has been available since November I think, is very fast and relatively efficient. Limited functionality is still a problem though.

I agree, if you log out of the app the previous settings for touch ID should still be in place - which they aren’t, it does allow open access and transfers if you physically have the phone initially until you revert back to the previous settings physically in app - I agree this shouldn’t be the case the app should retain the previous settings

@tristan :slight_smile: any reason for this logic ?

Anyway, I am bored now. The app doesn’t work as it should and it needs fixing.

I am removing my funds and then just watching

Good Luck

It is logging you out, so it is working. I think what you’re looking for is a kind of instant ‘lock app’ button that would immediately require biometrics.

I’m no fan of per-app locking like that at all, but since iOS Monzo has an app lock function, I agree, an instant lock button would be nice.

But people may not necessarily have the same needs on a new device, for example an iPad the kids know the PIN to might have a different security need from a phone that should be highly personal and highly secure in its own right.

Don’t these require the card PIN? If not, that is quite concerning to me, as there should be some type of 2FA on anything that can cost you money!

Yes, they always have for me (on Android, but I don’t see why that’d make a difference).

1 Like

Same, I’d hope iOS is the same!

true, sorry , my mistake transfers do require PIN :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad to hear that confirmed!

told you I wasn’t an expert :slight_smile:

2 Likes