Support chat disappeared from app

Of course everything isnā€™t perfect, and Iā€™ve never claimed it is, but if you really dislike most of what Monzo do, maybe Monzo isnā€™t for you. One way to make Monzo listen is to vote with your feet

No one bank rules them all, they all provide things that the others donā€™t atm, the aim of the game is to tick all the boxes and create a few that nobody has thought of.

Starling is kicking Monzos arse atm.

(And yep I use Starling too, which is excellent in a lot of places, but personally still falls short in budgeting)

Wouldnā€™t it be great if monzo came along with its connected credit cards and instead of showing your balance actually integrated into the budgeting. Like make it useful.

1 Like

I have Starling too, I have to say the connected card thing is very attractive as is cheque imaging , but with Monzo the IFTTT is a selling point too

For all we know it might just be awaiting release(enhanced connected accounts), Iā€™d certainly pay for budgeting if it got to that feature kevel

Once again, can I just remind people that the experience of customers on the forum is not necessarily representative of the general Monzo customer base.

Weā€™ve got measures in place to ensure some segments of our customer base will always have access to chat in an easy to find way.

Customers also have the ability to contact us via phone and email and some choose to do so if they canā€™t find the answer in the app.

Weā€™re all trying to find ways to make Monzo a sustainable business and weā€™re working really hard to make sure the bank you love stays the bank you love whilst making sure weā€™re here for the long term. I cannot tell you how passionate I am about that and how often Iā€™m banging that drum internally.

Can I also remind you that the changes you see in the app (or donā€™t see) are the hard work of people who are trying to achieve the same goals. Theyā€™ve worked passionately on this and for a long time. Please respect that, please consider your language carefully and please, please remember that at the other end of your words is a person with feelings :broken_heart:

13 Likes

The question mark is one of those weird changes :sweat_smile:

But im mostly on about how chats are dealt with internally and how it should be more like the original Intercom with the separate chats, with independent priority and that you can close and rate etc

1 Like

I donā€™t think anyone here is wasting their time to hurt others feelings. A good 99% of it constructive feedback with a splash of swears for impact.

5 Likes

I massively dislike the idea of removing a go to chat where i can get my issue resolved.

I dont like the feeling the current system has of having to jump through hoops before getting my issue taken seriously.

Lets remember that as much as the connected card from starling looks impressive monzo also seemingly have a few features which are pretty much ready to go (virtual cards, split categories, custom categories) albeit dissapointingly behind a grouped paywall

The impact of words can be unintentional, but nevertheless just as upsetting.

5 Likes

You canā€™t always feedback positives, you need to report what is going wrong to grow.

As a good developer you canā€™t always have it your way. As a good manager you need to listen to feedback and respond. Even if that response is no itā€™s good as is, itā€™s still noted.

Thereā€™s usually a person behind these decisions but sometimes they get things wrong. Nobodyā€™s perfect.

1 Like

Dan, I always appreciate your comments, theyā€™re always very thoughtful and measured. There are a few points Iā€™d like to comment on though.

I think most people in this thread have tried to keep this to a general UI/UX discussion, and are raising points that are standard considerations for all areas of software development. Also, I think that the threads that have been popping up recently from brand new members to the forum suggests this is a larger issue that is not limited to just our normal forum community.

I think we all appreciate this and we all want to see Monzo become sustainable. This should not come at the cost of customer care though. Hiding the chat button is potentially dangerous, especially since some customers donā€™t seem to know that they can find the phone number on their card, and many also have no idea where to find the email address.

11 Likes

Dan, as friendly as Monzo wants to be perceived, this is the corporate world. If a decision maker canā€™t take criticism of their decisions, they should not be in the role. Period. Monzo is a bank. Not a friend. Itā€™s aim is to extract money from you in order to make profit. That said, no engineers who have implemented this should feel bad.They were following instructions.

10 Likes

But theyā€™ve worked really hard to convince you that theyā€™re your friend. Look, they use emojis and everything. :smiley:

Yep. Theyā€™re a bank. Well, I think they were a tech startup with some really interesting ideas to disrupt legacy banking and theyā€™ve caught peopleā€™s attention. But Now legacy banks are getting instant notifications and rich merchant data, Monzo is losing their USP.

2 Likes

Indirectly - this community is one aspect of the Monzo USP?

1 Like

Even when you do find it you donā€™t get a reply. 5 days and counting and Iā€™ve still had no response!

I had a response within a minute the other day :thinking:

2 Likes

The initial response was quick, but ever since then itā€™s like the chat has gone dark and theyā€™re not seeing any new messages

Is it something other banks donā€™t have? Yes, Iā€™d agree.

Is it a reason that people bank with Monzo? I suspect not.

2 Likes

Jeeeez some people must be contacting Monzo a lot judging by the responses here.

No wonder theyā€™re having to doing this :grimacing:

2 Likes

I donā€™t think so. I would argue itā€™s those who infrequently need to contact Monzo that most need the chat option to be prominent and immediately available. Itā€™s these people who are most likely to only contact when itā€™s important and may not be in a steady, calm mindset when doing so, which reduces the chance they will use the right phrases in the search to get the option for chat.

4 Likes