Successful chargeback dispute 🙌🏼🙌🏼

Yes payed via PayPal

I’m confused. Did you receive the MacBook or not?

Apparently yes

So what is your question?

1 Like

What’s are the options on getting knee back PayPal won’t help

Not got it payed but never come

1 Like

Ah, that makes more sense

So what did PayPal say? You sent them proof you paid but that you didn’t get it? Did the seller email you a tracking number?

No tracking info was given to me at least PayPal’s can see I payed as I payed frow them.
Thye just closed me case after a few day when I took it further with PayPal they then look at it and closed it say that the seller was in the right when I try and call them I don’t get any where even thou they can see I payed and tracking is provided and I have the emails from the seller say he would send ect.

What does the tracking show?

1 Like

They is none that has been given to me I don’t know if PayPal have any but they is none on they website when I log in I have asked and they won’t say.
It was meant to be next day.

Within PayPal, did you pay for it by sending money to a friend, or by paying for a service/business? If the former, you are out of luck.

1 Like

Would you be able to deal with my case as I was scammed of £560.96 and really want to be reimbursed. I have spoken to a colleague of yours through live chat called John.

If the merchant “presents” a payment to us we can’t block that payment. A presentment is a bill from the merchant that Mastercard enforces. So once that presentment turns up Mastercard expect us to pay them (and not paying them would be very bad for Monzo).

In these scenarios either we bill our customer, or Monzo has to pay the bill. There’s no way for us to avoid that. If the presentment is unauthorised, then we can use the chargeback process to quickly claw the money back from the merchant. But it’s simply not possible for us to prevent the money from being taken in the first place.

5 Likes

I don’t know if this is a response to me about my own chargeback or to a comment I made ages ago in December!

Kind regards

Selesha Williams

It’s a reply to comment you made in December (I don’t check here super often). I’ve got no idea what happened to your specific chargeback, but I can guess from your comment.

1 Like

That’s right. MasterCard is a guaranteed form of payment and can’t be stopped when it’s still pending.

Hi

Lol oh I see! Well I’m waiting to hear back so there’s hope haha. Hope you’re safe & well wherever you may be x

Kind regards

Selesha Williams

Where I can request for chargeback from Monzo ?

through the in app chat

I tried but nobody answered :frowning: