Stick to your savings goals by locking your Pots

(Beatrice Borbon) #1

Lock your Pot to prevent yourself from dipping into your savings till a certain date!

Give it a try and let us know how you’re using it :lock:

Making Monzo: Locked Pots
Making Monzo: Locked Pots
Lock Pots to prevent impulse purchases
Lockable/Freezeable/Non-Withdrawable Pot
Locked Pots

Great feature, looking forward to trying this one out!

(Tom) #3

Is this live now?

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #4

Love the look of this! :grin: Not for me personally but I can definitely see the merits :tada:

One quick bit of feedback though - I’d love to see a toggle (like Round Up) for a locked / unlocked pot, instead of the word “unlocked”, I think it looks out of place :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Really awesome work Monzo :hot_coral_heart:

It sure it! :grin:

(Tom) #5

Weird, I’m not seeing it on iOS (latest TF build) :thinking:

I’m seeing it in the pleb build.

(Joe) #7

monzo://webview?url=https://webviews.monzo.com/making-monzo

So that’s how those views work :wink:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #8

@edwoollard from the Android team gave a great explanation as to why this is :blush:

We also thought about the idea of using a toggle for Pot locking but that scopes us to only having one way to lock a Pot (it’s locked one way or it’s unlocked). If we wanted to add more ways of locking a Pot in the future, we’d have to then change it back rather than doing that now, so we’ve attempted to future proof ourselves a bit. :+1:

Which leads me onto a new, altered, bit of feedback :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Because this was designed with future proofing in mind, I think v1.1 of locked pots should include an option for unlocking once the pot goal is met :checkered_flag:

Now they just need to come up with a way to stop people cheating and reducing the goal once the pot has been locked :wink:

(Tony) #9

I’m being super organised and have a pot in place for Christmas 2019, so I’ve locked it until 15th November 2019, giving me 11 months to fill it up! Just a shame I can’t put a festive image on it… (hint, hint)

Is it intended use to be able to change lock date after the fact?

I locked until the 16th December, then went back in, and was able to change the lock date to the 14th.

It doesn’t allow me to change the date on my locked pot. Are you using iOS or Android? (iOS for me)

(Only available in amateur ) #12

Won’t let me

On the latest Android Beta

(Daniel White) #14

I’m not getting it on the TF iOS app either

Me neither

(Richard) #16

So I nearly accidentally locked my food shop pot…could’ve been hungry for 6 months there… :stuck_out_tongue:

Genuinely happy that this has been released. Awesome work guys!!

(Dan) #17

I don’t see it either mate in TF

Take this back. Didn’t realise there was an extra step to save the lock, so my pot wasnt locked anyway! Oops!

(Jami Welch) #19

Hey did you hit save after the first lock date was set? It is only applied once you hit save.

(Richard) #20

You start your Christmas shopping that late :scream::scream: I couldn’t do it :rofl: