Starling Feedback

That’s good to know, something to consider :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Another refugee here. I’ve been with them since June last year, and moved everything over in November.

Given the recent way the app experience had diminished, and only finding solutions within the community, I’m now re-evaluating that decision.

The only drawback is I love their API and have my own app for tracking outstanding DDs, SOs and card payments each month. I’m tempted to have a dabble with the Monzo API and see if it can provide the same functionality.

The move to shut down the forum had also made me question how much they value their customers, especially with the total ambivalence to any feedback lately. Especially the green button - it did irk me that they took the Mickey out of how much customers hated it, rather than taking that same feedback and realising they’d made a bad decision.

I’m not going to knee jerk and change banks immediately, but I’m watching closely now.

11 Likes

Plenty of threads and people to ask if you do want to see if you can get the same experience!

2 Likes

I’m sticking with starling for now but I do find it concerning how sudden this was. Seems like a very rash decision and starling staff were still posting yesterday as normal…

10 Likes

I will be too, I’ve been using them as my main account since January this year, would be pain switch away, lose my transaction history and start again.

3 Likes

Oh goodness. I mean, just why? It literally* chiseled the joy away from using the app.

*There was no literal chisel.

4 Likes

They said some users couldn’t work out how to view their transactions yet the IOS app worked the exact same way except it has a message at the bottom telling users to swipe up to view transactions.

I wonder with open banking and APIs would it be possible for Monzo (or Starling, or RBS) to pull in transaction history so we’ve got it for analytics etc…? I don’t see why it wouldn’t :thinking:

1 Like

Ah well that didn’t last long…this thread is basically the Starling Forum now.

:slight_smile:

Some shocking misuse of the word Refugee tho, given Syria etc…but I guess we live in 2018 Trumpland now. :confused:

4 Likes

Yeah, never made any sense. At least keep the swipe and add a button. It really messed with my muscle memory…

1 Like

It was frustrating that even though it was clear people wanted it back it just became a running joke even amongst starling staff.

2 Likes

Welcome back :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh you’re alive and perfect timing too :joy:

2 Likes

It’s a lot to take in :joy:

Hi all,

Starling refugee, been thinking about a CASS to Monzo recently… all the more reason to do it.

5 Likes

I just hope this isn’t censored and the discussion removed again. I understand the need to keep threads on topic, but this is about Starling so don’t start removing posts again because it doesn’t talk about the right Starling topic.

5 Likes

Everytime I see @simonb typing on a thread like this I feel something bad is gonna happen :joy_cat:

5 Likes

But this is a feedback thread about Starlings app and features; not their (or lack of) forum. :man_shrugging:t5:

7 Likes

Thought i’d also come over.

Quite disappointed to be honest, still like the Starling product so will stay with them for a bit but will now keep an eye here in case the reason to move becomes compelling

5 Likes

All Starling forum users, both new and old round these parts - Welcome :wave:

It must feel pretty crappy to lose a community in a heartbeat.

25 Likes