Starbucks Card / App

Does anyone use the Starbucks card / app?

I’ve used it a couple of times, but I remember that it seemed a hassle to load money to it.

Well… good news, you can now use Google Pay to top it up :grinning:

2 Likes

Only just been added? You’ve been able to use apple pay to top up for ages! I always use the app as mobile ordering means you skip the queue and get to look smug! :smirk:

2 Likes

Woo! about time… I prefer Costa’s rewards system where by you don’t have to pre-load the card you just scan it to collect points.
Starbucks only do it this way to get your money quicker. But any streamline to the process is a great + . I always found I was in the queue waiting to pay and I quickly needed to top up :smile:

Saying that I haven’t used the app in quite a while for this reason…

1 Like

Used it loads when l was living outside of London and Starbucks was the only decent source for Flat White. Now back in London infrequently use it, when l know l am going to Starbucks will top up via Apple Pay and get my point.

Taking forever to save for a free coffee now…:

1 Like

The more you know… I’ll give the app another try

1 Like

Since 2015 is seems!

https://m.imore.com/your-starbucks-card-can-now-be-reloaded-apple-pay

1 Like

Yes, for that specific reason - why wait 15 minutes when you can just pick it up upon arrival :slight_smile:

1 Like

Everyday :grinning: coz of free extra shot for being Gold level.
I don’t really topup though I always buy gift cards via my employer’s reward website and just add them in app.

Screenshot_20180802-133329

1 Like

Also some of us get free weekly drinks on Vitality through it :running_man:

2 Likes

I’ve had like three in a year. I evidently don’t do enough steps!

The super annoying thing though, was that I walked loads when in Vegas, and kept earning the free drinks, but they’d expired when I got back to the UK :angry:

I know! They did not use to expire so quickly until last year, that was so good… btw don’t the rewards work in the States as the app is the same?

Is there any way I can pay with card and just scan to get stars? I don’t want to top up the starbucks card, I want to use my Monzo card.

Sort of like Costa does, with the card you can swipe before paying.

Thanks!

1 Like

They used to do that but not anymore. Last time I asked to do that they topped up my card with the value of my coffee first and then paid for my coffee with starbucks card

Okay, thanks. Don’t like that at all - guess I’ll just stick to Costa.