Splitting committed spending & how this appears in spending summary

Hi,

When I split a house bill with my partner, her contribution appears in my personal spending summary in green - like in the attached image:

This is appearing in the wrong section! The bills (direct debits) are ‘committed spending’ and are separate to my personal spending. So I have a few questions:

Is there a way to change this so that my partner’s contribution being attributed to the committed spending that it relates to, as opposed to my personal spending summary? It’s getting confusing and this incorrect attribution means I’m having to adjust my personal budget to account for it!

I’m unable to exclude my partner’s bill contributions from my personal spending summary - but I can with all other payments - is there a reason for this?

Even when I change the category on my partner’s contribution (e.g. from ‘Bills’ to ‘Income’ or ‘General’) it still appears in my personal spending summary and I still can’t exclude it. I don’t know if this is a bug or if there’s a way around this?

Could bill contributions be applied to the amounts in the committed spending section, so that at the end of each month, I see how much I’ve paid in that section, as opposed to the total amount paid between both of us? The same applies to rent and other committed spending…

Thanks in advance for your help! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,

I’m no summary expert, just chiming in because no one else has , 3 and 4 sound like a bug , you may want make a post in the bug report section which should get looked at by staff but won’t get a reply in the forum from them usually.

If you think it’s all bugs, you can just click the pencil icon next to this thread title and change the category to help & bugs report, or let me know if you can’t and I’ll do it for you.