Smart Shoes - would you wear them?

Looks like both Nike and Samsung (of course) have upcoming products in this category.

Do you think this will be a real product category that gains traction? I’m not so sure, personally.

• Yes, they’ll probably be a thing
  • No - bad idea
  • Maybe - depends what they do

0 voters

Fitbit in your shoes kinda thing :thinking:

1 Like

count steps? gps tracking? can i reply to messages? :joy:

I can’t imagine a tech company getting traction with this unless it was a removable element that you could put it into any shoe.

Nike, though, if they could produce the tech at a scalable economy, could theoretically put something in all their shoes. But then they’d have to be activity specific shoes, because who wears the same shoes all the time?

Guess it could just be aimed at runners. I can’t imagine it working for general purpose.

1 Like

Get a call and put your shoe to your face! :wink:

Image result for shoe phone sure i might have seen this somewhere

2 Likes

:raising_hand_man:

2 Likes

When I saw this thread, I thought it was about Church’s and Loakes

2 Likes

I think smart shoes will be very popular with engineering and maths type people.

When a notification comes in, they’ll be more likely to see it cos they’re always looking at their shoes, anyway. :joy:

Even at a wedding or on the beach? :grin:

1 Like

Well, yh fair enough. I guess there are exceptions :joy:

2 Likes

Don’t see the point of making everything g app connected. Just makes it more complicated to use.

Believe it or not, I still have a pair of (well-worn) Adidas 1’s, circa mid-00’s
These babies have real-time adjustable heel pressure absorption, managed independently by small computers in each shoe, to adjust how soft or hard your foot hits when running.
IMG_20190115_162145
I used to wear them for fun when travelling and oh what fun I had at security… “Sir, you do realise there is a battery and an electronic circuit installed in both of your shoes?” :grinning: Well popular with the growing queue behind me.

I’m sure modern day shoes are way smarter and I don’t deserve to wear them!

3 Likes

If Loakes decide to make them, I might consider it :smirk: