Simplified credit card payments

Similarly to other online banking apps, it would be very useful if you could make a credit card payment by just entering the 16 digit number.

I am sure I speak for everyone in that I don’t know the sort code and account number of any of my credit cards, and I would worry about finding and entering the correct ones.

4 Likes

+1

Other banks can lookup the correct account number and sort code from the credit card number, so it would be great if Monzo could do the same.

3 Likes

That is pretty useful that they can just look it up, didn’t even know that!

1 Like

That’s great to know I was lucky as Mbna sort code and account number was in the help page of the app for me to make payments. Then did a test payment to make sure it worked.

1 Like

The system which most banks use is the BACS Biller Update Service, it’s bascially just a centrally managed database of verified account information which banks and FS can use to provide biller lists to customers - https://www.bacs.co.uk/Services/Pages/BillerUpdateService.aspx

This would be a pretty nice thing for Monzo to integrate in and I’m sure they could probably do some sweet automation and user experience stuff with it!

12 Likes

bump

2 Likes