Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly 🙂)

What problem are you having with the app? or is it a problem with this forum?

what was the issues you wanted to create a topic about?

My verification process is taking longer than expected…I joined this forum to check for reasons/workarounds - been struggling to write a new topic regarding this via mobile, hence, the frustration. I’ve emailed help@monzo.com now, so fingers crossed on a response.

It can take a while for email replies, not sure on the length of the email queue at the moment, but they’ll get back to you as soon as they can

There are no workarounds to the verification process, unfortunately. It is a waiting game and people have previously reported 2-3 days before being verified (or not)

How long is it since you submitted the video-selfie & ID details?

Hello!
My name’s Ma’Leiah, and I’m 16 years of age. I was trying to open an account with you all not too long ago, but, out of curiosity, do I really need to be 18 to open a US Monzo account?

Your question was already answered here: I HAVE AN IDEA...? AND AN INQUIRY!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

They’ve still not responded back to me!!! Ive sent two emails to hel0@mozo.com and no response!! How the hell do I get through !!!

The email address is help@monzo.com. As mentioned to you yesterday it can take a while for accounts to be approved (2-3 days) and unfortunately there is nothing anyone on here can do.

Monzos main area for support is through the app, so email is secondary to them and is therefore slower in response time.

As mentioned - the app is stuck on verifiting so no you cant contact them through the app. Email should be their main and I find it hard not to believe why ypu cant respond in 2/3 days to emails too. Started Starling process lets see how quick they act.

I don’t work for Monzo and nobody who has replied in this topic does either.

I’m simply explaining how the support is weighted. It favours those who are customers who contact them through the in app chat. Their generic email address is much slower because it probably gets flooded with all sorts of requests.

I understand you can’t contact them through the app which is why I said that if you’ve phoned and emailed that’s all you can do. You’ll just have to be patient and I’m sure they’ll get back to you as soon as they can.

With summary I understand that the left to spend = balance - upcoming committed spending, but how does it work out where the dial is in terms of green, orange, red and that ‘i will have £120 left over’? Does the left to spend go down when I spend on a card payment?

Hello.
Ihave a problem with my account Monzo. My account is freeze. I need use this account, I have to pay something. I ca’t contact with someone to customer service about this case. Please contact.

Magda Kubik

Nobody on here can help I’m afraid, you can get a better understanding of what has happened and why by reading this article:

Calling 0800 802 1281 or emailing help@monzo.com are your only options for resolving this.

1 Like

Hi guys,
I’m currently working on a case study about Monzo in university. While searching for news etc. I always see the “contribution margin per customer” which is about +5 GBP at the moment and increased a lot over the past years. In the annual report, it is explained as “revenue minus variable costs including expected credit losses” - Which variable costs are actually deducted from the revenue to get to that number? It’d be great to have a detailed calculation on how you get to this contribution margin.

Thanks a lot and best wishes from Germany
Yannick

Hello and welcome :wave:

I think your question is a little beyond the scope of what we’re able to help with. This forum is predominantly Monzo customers who help each other out, mainly with the app and it’s features.

I wish you luck in getting the answer though! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can anyone tell me if monzo is wide,y used throughout south America

anywhere they accept Mastercard

was there a particular country you were looking for info about? if you use the forum search youll find info about a lot of countries

Can I ban certain direct debits from my acconnt?

My netflix account is compromised, and it Netflix takes money from my Monzo account, is there a way to ban direct debits?

You can cancel a direct debit from within the scheduled payments tab of the app. Simply select the direct debit and cancel it.

Is your Netflix payment a card payment rather than direct debit? If it is you can’t block this from within the app. I presume you have cancelled your Netflix account first?

2 Likes

I assume that because Netflix are still taking payments they’re not aware that your account has been compromised?

I’d therefore recommend that you speak to Netflix in the first instance to explain what has happened and have them resolve it. By cancelling it yourself you run the risk of being in debt to them which will affect your credit rating.

1 Like