Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly šŸ™‚)

just now. but I havenā€™t given my address yet Iā€™m sp confused it was a quick email sign up

I canā€™t recall the exact signup process but you will get asked for an address.

I think the email address is one step. You should get a ā€˜magic linkā€™ email from Monzo to click to take you back to the app (arrives pretty quickly, so check Spam folders etc just in case). Once thatā€™s done youā€™ll be taken through the rest of the signup process.

I think! Been a while since I signed up :slight_smile: this might help too:

1 Like

You canā€™t sign up via email it needs to be done in app.

Can you provide details of how you signed up, what details you gave and which email address you sent them to please?

I think the user may have just signed up for the community?

@cillalala youā€™ll need to download the app from your app store and sign up there.

5 Likes

I want to join the Monzo community but iā€™m working on my credit score at the moment, so trying to avoid hard credit searches. Can anyone tell me if opening an account with Monzo performs a hard credit search, or is it just a soft one? Thank you!

1 Like

@Gingerpips Just a soft search unless you apply for an overdraft/loan/credit product

2 Likes

Thank you! Iā€™ve just signed up, looking forward to using the app :smiley:

2 Likes

hi have problem

buna ziua sunt roman sunt din romania si nu stiu accont nuber

Buna,

This is the wrong topic for these type of questions, unfortunately!

(Google translate)

Acesta este subiectul greșit pentru aceste tipuri de Ć®ntrebări, din păcate!

Try, https://community.monzo.com/t/simple-questions-thread-newbie-friendly/39161

hi i need the monzo account number

buna am si eu nevoie de numar de cont monzo te rog ca nu mai stiu adresa de emil si cardu nu ie activ va rog sa ma ajutai

the card arrived at the address but I no longer have a phone with a monzo application as I stayed to whom will the person change the email address

Trebuie să obțineți un telefon nou. Monzo este o bancă bazată pe aplicații, așa că trebuie să instalați aplicația pentru a o folosi.

Puteți gestiona lucrurile de bază aici Ć®n timp ce așteptați web.monzo.com

English

You need to get a new phone. Monzo is an app based bank so you need to install the app to use it.

You can manage basic things here while you wait web.monzo.com

2 Likes

Is there a way I can add a new payee without sending them money? I would like to add my partners and my mumā€™s details to my payees but it will only let me do this if iā€™m sending them money which I donā€™t need to do yet. Thanks!

Unfortunately not yet. Itā€™s been requested many times

2 Likes

Having a problem downloading the Monzo bank App. Canā€™t work it out shows up on PC based Playstore but not on mobile play store? Any advice welcome please, thank you.

If you can see the Monzo app in the Play Store using a PC browser and youā€™re signed into the Play Store using the same account as your phone, install it from the Play Store in the browser - itā€™ll download the app to your phone.

On pc it says this

This app is incompatible with your device. My device is a Huawei Andriod? I donā€™t get it

The issue experienced while using Play Store in a browser (incompatible device report) reinforces the other issue (canā€™t see the Monzo app in the on-device Play Store app) - itā€™s about compatibility.

Have you used Monzo before on this device (or any other device)?