Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly 🙂)

And another question, does the Monzo application on the mobile device support contactless authorization at an ATM to receive cash?

Monzo does work in the Ukraine but if you mean can you have an account if you live there, then the answer is no. You need to be a UK resident.

The second question you asked about contactless ATMs
 Yes it can be used there too :slight_smile:

Is there going to be a new round of crowdfunding in 2019 or 2020?

1 Like

They haven’t announced any new ones as of yet :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi :slightly_smiling_face:

I am trying to sign up for a Monzo account but keep encountering a “date of birth” format issue. I have seen others have reported a similar issue in this forum. Please advise as to how this is resolved?

Thanks
Nkanyezi (Khwezi) Zikalala

1 Like

This will be the regional settings on your device not matching with the UK-centric date format which Monzo requires - have you tried setting the language of your device to UK (usually ‘English, United Kingdom’) to perform the set-up? You can probably revert back to your preferred language setting after setting Monzo up.

Also, while you don’t have to be in the UK to open an account, a UK address is needed to send the Monzo card to. From the Monzo website;

"How to get a bank account without proof of address
When you open a bank account with Monzo, we don’t ask you for proof of address because we verify your date of birth instead.

What do I need?
To open an account, you just need one of the following:

• Passport
  • Driving licence (provisional is fine)
  • National ID card
  • Other government issued photo ID

And you’ll also need an address in the UK where we can send your debit card."

6 Likes

Thank you - I will try that.

1 Like

Please let us know if it worked :+1: (or not! :-1:) :grinning:

2 Likes

Gonna be fun when they launch in the USA

2 Likes

Makes me wonder if this is something new that’s been accidentally introduced as part of the changes for the US rollout. There’s been a surge of new folks with this issue, but I can’t recall it being a problem prior to the past week or so. Hopefully they’ll fix the problem soon!

4 Likes

I have just heard about the Doconomy credit card which tracks your carbon emissions. Do you have plans to do something similar?

Hi all!

I’d like to open a shared Monzo tab with my boyfriend as we both pay for joint things and use Monzo so it would be great to be able to use the app to keep track.

My question is, if I start a shared tab on my Monzo account for items that I have paid for, can my boyfriend also add his expenses onto the same shared tab from his Monzo account?

Thank you in advance!

Jodie

1 Like

Yes he can :+1:

1 Like

Thank you!

I think I accidentally signed up to something. I can’t get to my accounts tab. I have some bills i need to set up and I can’t get from my current to my joint account. The help tab says to click view all but I don’t have this view all button

Press and hold on the bottom ‘bar’ and you should be able to switch between joint and personal accounts

1 Like

Thank you ! Really appreciate that

1 Like

Top right hand corner - the two blue squares button will act as view all.

You’re on the new navigation.

1 Like

Hi I’m struggling to set up a standing order on the app press the button to but nothing happens ?

Which button, which step in the process are you at? We’d need a bit more info to try and help